SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DARK Season 3 Has Dropped (Netflix)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DARK Season 3 Has Dropped (Netflix) Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Netflix kept suggesting this limited series and I kept avoiding it. But wanting something to binge on (you know, coronavirus...) thought I'd give it a shot. Is anyone else watching this?

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

I like science fiction, but I have to admit this is one of the most mind-bendingly twisted time travel stories I've ever watched. I confess, I had to go check out the series timeline, as this is one of those "You can't tell the players without a scorecard" type of series.

I sort of liken it to Cloud Atlas. But there you had the same characters (spirits) portraying different people in different timelines, but here you've got the same people bouncing back and forth across 33 year gaps.

Well, enough with the spoilers. It's a German production (there's something about the way Germans produce things like this -- I also watched Counterpart, which wasn't truly German, starring J. K. Simmons) but seemingly produced for a wider audience. In fact, it took me a while to realize the overdubbing!

So, now Season 3 has dropped. This is the final season -- the series was never meant to run forever. I'm already in for two seasons, so I might as well finish it off.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Is anyone else watching this?

Yep.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8430037174

Big Grin

I just started Season 3.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Started to last night but bailed for now.
Not crazy of voice over-dubs.
Maybe later.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Maybe later.

Same here. I watched S1 E1 and realized, before watching another episode I need to switch to German and subtitles. (Just need to be in mood for them. )

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe later.

Watch it in the original German with subtitles.

Subtitles are the only way to go. The sad truth is, all live action dubs are terrible, and 95% of animated dubs are terrible too.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Maybe later.

Watch it in the original German with subtitles.

Subtitles are the only way to go. The sad truth is, all live action dubs are terrible, and 95% of animated dubs are terrible too.

Always this.

Just watch the movie anyhow and glance at the subtitles as needed. Your brain will figure out the rest. Don't "read" them like a book.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post