SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Unanswered questions from TV shows.(add your own questions)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unanswered questions from TV shows.(add your own questions) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Why did nobody ever simply snatch Popeye's can of spinach out of his hand before he could slam it down?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You were not paying close attention. Olive Oil grabbed the can and rubbed it in his face like Cagney did with the grapefruit.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why was Emperor Ming such an asshole to Flash Gordon and his pals?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Just what was really going on at Petticoat Junction and the Shady Rest Hotel that had 3 sisters up in the water tower with their petticoats off?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
NCIS Special Agent Jethro Gibbs has been working on that boat of his in his basement for 16 years. So far, I see absolutely no progress at all. Why doesn't he just give up, or find a new hobby?

That question was asked in an episode. He said he was on his third boat. He built them then dismantled them.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Another Gilligan's Island - how did Ginger and Mary Anne never get pregnant?

True Story: My Mom wouldn't let us watch that show because there were unmarried women and unmarried men living on the same "deserted isle". Wasn't proper.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
NCIS Special Agent Jethro Gibbs has been working on that boat of his in his basement for 16 years. So far, I see absolutely no progress at all. Why doesn't he just give up, or find a new hobby?

That question was asked in an episode. He said he was on his third boat. He built them then dismantled them.

I wasn't aware of that. However, this brings up another unanswered question. Why would he be so stupid as to do that?

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Why do Klingons on “Star Trek” keep changing in their appearance; genetic mutation?

Left: Bad 60s special effects.

Center: The Truth.

Right: We Do Not Speak of This.

quote:
On Gilligan's Island, why did the radio's batteries never run down?

They showed Professor recharging them by using some bicycle powered generator or something.

My question is, on The A-Team, the team got kidnapped or held hostage about every other episode (if not more frequently). Why didn't they ever steal Mr T's gold?

Really, the bad guys were running a $10,000 con, yet Mr T was wearing about 3 times that amount in gold. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm now imagining a few ways...thank you!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

I'm now imagining a few ways...thank you!

They didn't use semen for one thing, they were lesbians.

Now go watch a few episodes and see what that does for ya.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
They didn't use semen for one thing, they were lesbians.

But Gilligan and The Skipper were both seamen.

quote:
My question is, on The A-Team, the team got kidnapped or held hostage about every other episode (if not more frequently).

And almost always in a workshop full of tools, as well as materials for an improvised armored vehicle or other weapons to break out.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wasn't aware of that. However, this brings up another unanswered question. Why would he be so stupid as to do that?

That's worst than asking what was in the silver case in Ronin

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

He's built multiple boats in his basement. The big mystery is how he gets them out. He's never said he dismantles them.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
quote:
quote:

He's built multiple boats in his basement. The big mystery is how he gets them out. He's never said he dismantles them.

And we know at least one of them was operational after he built it. It showed up with dead bodies on it.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do Klingons on “Star Trek” keep changing in their appearance; genetic mutation?

In DS9, some of the crew members go back in time to the "Trouble with Tribbles" TOS episode. One of the characters comments on the different looking Klingons and Worf says something along the lines of "We do not talk about that."

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
There was an episode of MASH going from Jan 1 1951 to Jan 1 1952 with Colonel Potter. Potter arrived in Sept. 1952.

Also an episode where Margaret's father visits. Earlier episodes stated her father was dead.

Did Col. Potter have an identical twin seperated at birth the turned out to be Crazy Major General Steele?

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:

In DS9, some of the crew members go back in time to the "Trouble with Tribbles" TOS episode. One of the characters comments on the different looking Klingons and Worf says something along the lines of "We do not talk about that."

This was addressed in an episode of Enterprise. It was the result of an experiment to create Klingon augments by crossing them with human augment DNA. I believe it was a 2 part episode and starred Brent Spiner as Erik Soong.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
How did Florida Evans commute to work each day when she lived in Chicago and her boss (Maude) lived in upstate New York?

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Star Trek The Next Generation: Why did they need a "Transporter Room" when they could have transported from any location on the ship?

they addressed that in the Next Generation Technical Manual, supposedly a point to point transport used a lot more energy and was more difficult to do.

That said it was probably just for production reasons.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How was the Lone Ranger able to draw and shoot guns out of peoples hands in a fraction of a second and without aiming?

During emergencies when do action heroes have the time to go to the bathroom and eat and drink?

Do medical examiners, lawyers, judges, authors, security personnel, private detectives, etc, pursue and interrogate criminals and actively solve crimes on a weekly basis?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post