SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Unanswered questions from TV shows.(add your own questions)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unanswered questions from TV shows.(add your own questions) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why didn't Fred Flinstone just jump in the side open window like the saber-tooth cat did, instead of pounding on the (apparently locked) front door yelling for Wilma?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Because Fred was of limited intellectual capacity and pretended that Barney was stupid, when Barney was actually the President of the Stone Age Mensa Club.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
The A team.

If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... the worst fucking marksmen in the entire history of military service. Seriously. What the actual fuck?

Yeah, got an issue? Just hire Smokey the Boss, Pretty Frat Brat, The Golden Mohawk, and Aero-Autismo to solve all your problems. The one guy will smoke cigars - like all the time. Pretty Boy will wear a disguise and probably get abducted. Fly Guy will find some junk ass plane or helo to scoot around in aimlessly, and BA will drive his Chester the Molester van around and make threatening gestures and growl at people 'n shit. And then they'll all whip out Mini-14s, go through hundreds of rounds and not hit one goddamned person, good or bad.

Personally, I don't think it was war crimes. I think they all got kicked out for not being able to shoot for shit.

Side bar - I really liked this show as a kid, and still do. Big Grin

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
How did Jim Rockford afford a new Firebird every year?

Recently watched the first episode of the old show Riptide. THey have to rescue this woman. So they land their helicopter in town, and the entire episode is about having to run a gauntlet in a Jeep to get to and from the ranch where she's hiding.
So why didn't they just fly to the damn ranch?
I didn't bother with the second episode after that.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
The Rifleman

Sometimes cocking chambered a round and sometimes cocking fired a round.

How did Lucas McCain know in advance whether to have the trigger-trip thingy on or off, and how come we never see him adjusting it?

There was nothing to adjust. What pushed the trigger was a bolt set into the triggerguard/cocking lever.

The hammer didn't trigger if he didn't close the lever all the way
The bolt was adjustable, screwed in it would squeeze the trigger and fire, backed out it would do nothing and he had to squeeze the trigger with his finger.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
why are red shirts the only victims?

That good old plot armor works every time.

I read some silly but pretty well done "now people have superpowers" novels a while ago and one of the side characters was a clever idea. He wasn't a real person who had superpowers - he was the main character of a pulp detective series whose author got the power to make his character real - then died without finishing the series. No matter what happens to the guy, he's always fine the next day - because the main character never dies until the story is over.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
On Star Trek TOS, whenever the Enterprise fired its phasers at a surface target, you'd see the dual beams diverging from the ship's phaser banks. But cut to the planet miles away and you see the beams converging on the target. Was there some kind of lensing effect shooting through the atmosphere?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Wile E. Coyote could get all that Acme stuff delivered, why didn't he just order out for pizza or Chinese instead of chasing a two bite bird all over the desert?

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Why did no one on Bonanza carry extra ammo on their gun belts ?

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Why did no one notice Supermsan's disguise was combing his hair differently and a pair of glasses?
The same thing with Wonder Woman.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Why did no one on Bonanza carry extra ammo on their gun belts ?

When your revolver holds 20 or 30 rounds, extra ammo is superfluous.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
On The Walking Dead where do people get fresh gasoline for their vehicles? Regular gas stores for a year, stabilized only 2 years.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily a question, but just some observations...things I can't stand:

1) Shows where it's snowing and it's OBVIOUS it's fake snow, because it doesn't melt off anyone when they go indoors (friggin spray-painted corn flakes or shredded paper). So...in the 21st century, there's no way to make fake snow like they do at a ski resort and blow that around??

2) Actors who are brushing their teeth without toothpaste. Yeah...I do THAT every night. Roll Eyes Jeezus...at least put just a dab on the toothbrush that puts SOME foam on your mouth.

3) Actors who have a coffee cup supposedly filled with a liquid (even with a lid) and they're waving it around as if the coffee has transformed its anatomical properties and now has the consistency of frozen yogurt. It's so damned OBVIOUS there's nothing in the cup, as I can barely walk without spilling my damned coffee outta my mug or sloshing around in my to-go cup. Why can't they make this realistic? Do actors lack the basic fundamental motor skills to walk and chew bubble gum??? Or better yet...stand in ONE SPOT and talk with coffee in your hand??? JSMH...

Rant over for now...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
...but just some observations...things I can't stand:

1) So...in the 21st century, there's no way to make fake snow like they do at a ski resort and blow that around??

Under the heat of the lights in a studio, fake snow would melt too quickly

quote:
2) Actors who are brushing their teeth without toothpaste. Yeah...I do THAT every night.

My dental hygienist recommend this as more efficient...especially if you are using a vibrating tooth brush. Tooth paste does little more than freshen you mouth

quote:
3) Actors who have a coffee cup supposedly filled with a liquid (even with a lid) and they're waving it around as if the coffee has transformed its anatomical properties and now has the consistency of frozen yogurt. It's so damned OBVIOUS there's nothing in the cup, as I can barely walk without spilling my damned coffee outta my mug or sloshing around in my to-go cup. Why can't they make this realistic? Do actors lack the basic fundamental motor skills to walk and chew bubble gum??? Or better yet...stand in ONE SPOT and talk with coffee in your hand???

This does bug me also. You'd think that they would at least weight the cup a bit to simulate the inertia of the mass. I have no problem with them walking or waving the cup around, I do that all the time...just don't fill the cup all the way Razz

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:Tooth paste does little more than freshen you mouth
But is great for polishing headlights and chrome. Wink

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And some jewelry... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
...but just some observations...things I can't stand:

1) So...in the 21st century, there's no way to make fake snow like they do at a ski resort and blow that around??

Under the heat of the lights in a studio, fake snow would melt too quickly

Little known Hollywood factoid; the original name of the song was "Singing in the Snow" until the first take with show-blower in the studio.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how far out of Dodge City kansas did Marshall Dillon have to go to get to those mountains ?
that they were always going too

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
how far out of Dodge City kansas did Marshall Dillon have to go to get to those mountains ?

Saw one episode the other day that had Matt in Hays, KS with towering mountains in the background. Last time I was in Hays, America, I didn't see any mountains.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Big Grin There was a lot of desert with Joshua trees in it, too. (This was probably the desert of northern Los Angeles County, Lancaster/Palmdale area.)