SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NCIS New Orleans
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCIS New Orleans Login/Join 
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted
Wut?? Just killed off LaSalle! Didn't see that coming.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I was a bit surprised myself about it, didn't see it coming eather.

LOL I had to think for a minute when I watched it. I had to do some head scratching thinking it was the season finale already and I missed a bunch. Razz

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
His character had become too flighty, impulsive, and hot headed. Not surprised he's gone.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I effectively killed off the whole bunch of them when I quit watching it two years ago.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I effectively killed off the whole bunch of them when I quit watching it two years ago.

^^^^ This. Bad Acting and bad scripts IMO

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:

^^^^ This. Bad Acting and bad scripts IMO

Not really bad acting or scripts but that it was nothing new.
Why NCIS and NCIS LA and NCIS NO?
The regular NCIS is all I watch and it is starting to get old so no need for the others.
NCIS was fine but really has run it's course.
YMMV

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for NCIS Las Vegas. Razz

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Or NCIS, Salinas, KS

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that'll do. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Dammit, I DVR'd last night's show and wasn't expecting a spoiler. Wish I hadn't opened this thread now. I'll still watch it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Dammit, I DVR'd last night's show and wasn't expecting a spoiler. Wish I hadn't opened this thread now. I'll still watch it.

I don't think of "spoilers" as spoilers. I think of them more as being a reason to watch. Big Grin

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or NCIS, Salinas, KS

Geography Nazi here. Been there, Mom from Kansas. Actual EXACT middle of USA. If I recall two major highways intersect there. Probably some truck stop tomfoolery. It is Salina. LOL Turn off to go South to OKC AND Wichita. Long car trip from Chicago to Whichita in a day. No AC and car full of kids. You can watch the grain trucks and the cattle trucks go by. Quite the aroma in 100 degree heat.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Or NCIS, Salinas, KS

... If I recall two major highways intersect there. Probably some truck stop tomfoolery. It is Salina. ... watch the grain trucks and the cattle trucks go by. Quite the aroma in 100 degree heat.

Reads as the perfect back drop for another Reacher yarn.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reads as the perfect back drop for another Reacher yarn.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YES. LOL

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Or NCIS, Salinas, KS

Geography Nazi here. Been there, Mom from Kansas. Actual EXACT middle of USA. If I recall two major highways intersect there. Probably some truck stop tomfoolery. It is Salina. LOL Turn off to go South to OKC AND Wichita. Long car trip from Chicago to Whichita in a day. No AC and car full of kids. You can watch the grain trucks and the cattle trucks go by. Quite the aroma in 100 degree heat.

Actually off by a little. I always thought Hays, KS but it's actually about half way between Salina and Hays and several counties north of I-70.

Lifted from Wikipedia:

The geographic center of the United States is a point approximately 20 mi (32 km) north of Belle Fourche, South Dakota at 44°58′2.07622″N 103°46′17.60283″W. It has been regarded as such by the U.S. National Geodetic Survey (NGS) since the additions of Alaska and Hawaii to the United States in 1959.

This is distinct from the contiguous geographic center, which has not changed since the 1912 admissions of New Mexico and Arizona to the contiguous United States, and falls near the town of Lebanon, Kansas. This served as the overall geographic center of the United States for 47 years, until the 1959 admissions of Alaska and Hawaii moved the geographic center of the overall United States approximately 550 mi (885 km) northwest by north.

While any measurement of the exact center of a land mass will always be imprecise due to changing shorelines and other factors, the NGS coordinates identify the spot as an uninhabited parcel of private pastureland approximately 12 mi (19 km) east of the cornerpoint where the South Dakota/Wyoming/Montana borders meet.

According to the NGS data sheet, the actual marker is "set in an irregular mass of concrete 36 inches below the surface of the ground."[2]
For public commemoration, a nearby proxy marker is located in a park in Belle Fourche,[3] where one will find a flag atop a small concrete slab bearing a U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey Reference Marker.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
One thing I have noticed about the actor who plays him has not looked healthy the last year or so. He's lost a lot of weight and looks drawn and weak to me. Maybe that's why he was killed off.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some articles said he wanted to spend more time with his family. He stated that he had a lot of activities going.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Black - see footnote 22.

Some speculate that he may go back to the Fast & Furious for number 9.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Or NCIS, Salinas, KS

Actually, Salinas is in California. The city in Kansas is Salina (pronounced Sa-lye-na).

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 169 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it once and was turned off by the fake ass accents and silly stereotype shit . I live in south Louisiana and my Mom's family is from New Orleans . Get it right or I'm done . Cool

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the early NCIS episodes but it's kinda like Saturday Night Live - they should have ended it long ago.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8wxQDqfRk