SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Total Recall with Arnold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Total Recall with Arnold Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
So... was it real or all in his head?

What are your thoughts?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The musical cue at beginning and end suggest/play at it being in his head. I like to think it’s reality as that’s a more pleasent ending.

Great movie either way. I really like a lot of Arnold’s sci-fi stuff.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
The musical cue at beginning and end...

??

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
The movie was intended to leave you with that very question: Was it real or the vacation that he paid for?

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies.

"Get your ass to Mars!!"

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the short story. It has a most interesting ending.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
The musical cue at beginning and end...

??

There's a short musical jingle/cue at the first dream mars sequence in the beginning of the movie and you hear it in the end of the film which depending on your interpretation means he's a vegetable and is stuck in his head in a never ending dream or its just music and he's fine. You are left to be the judge which is a great move.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
In my world it’s real. After watching the movie about a hundred times I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be in his head. Too many coincidences otherwise.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
The "vacation" package he chose was called "Blue Sky on Mars" so...

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
See you at the party Richter!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
"What have you been feeding this thing?"

"Blondes."

Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
In my world it’s real. After watching the movie about a hundred times I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be in his head. Too many coincidences otherwise.

Pretty much where I am with it as well.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
See you at the party Richter!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30405 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post