Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patriots Day Login/Join 
posted
Anyone see this yet? Reviews are good.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night.

Pretty brutal in terms of carnage. It was a well done film imo. Go see it.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
The wife and I saw it this afternoon. We both thought it was well done.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I thought it was pretty good. Some of the lines cracked me up. Reminded me of home. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It was good. Made me mad like when I watched 13 hours. If you are interested in the real people check out the HBO documentary Marathon. It's on HBO go for streaming.

Just like Deep Water Horizon Peter Berg does a great job at directing.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine played a state trooper and had a few lines in the movie. Going to see it on Tuesday.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I had to see Martin Scorsese's Silence first but this is next. Marty takes precedence.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
A friend of mine played a state trooper and had a few lines in the movie. Going to see it on Tuesday.

So what do you think...my thirteen yr. old wants to see it too, he's seen Sole Survivor and a bunch of other movies, just don't care for too much swearing.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Good movie. Typical Peter Berg. I was very entertained but also saddened by the depiction of true events. Not their best collaboration but a good movie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
quote:

So what do you think...my thirteen yr. old wants to see it too, he's seen Sole Survivor and a bunch of other movies, just don't care for too much swearing.

There is a decent amount of swearing, and some graphic violence, including some actual footage that was meshed into the production stuff. There is a scene where they're interrogating Tamerlin's wife and they show her the actual photo of his dead body. There is no gratuitous violence though, just enough to get the point across.

Viewer discretion advised.

All in all I thought it was very well done. There were a few things that were wrong, mainly centered around Mark Wahlberg's character but I suppose they had to have a main character that was able to move through the story. But other than that it kept true to the events without really too much BS drama put in like Hollywood likes to do with movies on real events (I.E. Pearl Harbor, Titanic, etc...).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ryan81986,

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, appreciate they tried to keep it real, so we can feel what runs through a community when it's under attack from within. Hopefully, we can learn something from it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rpm2010,

Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
quote:

There is a decent amount of swearing, and some graphic violence, including some actual footage that was meshed into the production stuff. There is a scene where they're interrogating Tamerlin's wife and they show her the actual photo of his dead body. There is no gratuitous violence though, just enough to get the point across.

Viewer discretion advised.

All in all I thought it was very well done. There were a few things that were wrong, mainly centered around Mark Wahlberg's character but I suppose they had to have a main character that was able to move through the story. But other than that it kept true to the events without really too much BS drama put in like Hollywood likes to do with movies on real events (I.E. Pearl Harbor, Titanic, etc...).

http://www.pluggedin.com/movie-reviews/patriots-day

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
FYI the movie comes out on video Tuesday, and it is already out for digital purchase if you prefer that.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I used to live about a 1/2 mile from where it happened. My wife and I were in Scotland that week and got many interesting reactions when we told people we were from Boston. It all still seems so surreal.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I had been making deliveries that morning to restaurants in Back Bay.

I had been parked at the corner 25' or less from where the second bomb went off, just a couple hours before the marathon started.

It was really tough racking my brain thinking if I had noticed anything amiss that day or what the hell I should have noticed until it came out the scumbags carried them in backpacks just before they blew them.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Saw this last night and thought it was really well done.

A couple observations:

1. What was up with that Watertown police Chief point shooting at the end? Was it just Hollywood or was he wounded or something and unable to raise his weapon?

2. The lockdown: wasn't it basically illegal and unconstitutional to order people to remain in their homes, i.e. detain them without cause? Also saw lots of homes being searched, isn't this also not allowed without a warrant?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1) Noticed the point shooting, too. Would be interested if that really happened by the Chief.

2) Mentioned to my son a few times about the Constitution being violated.

PC

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Saw this last night and thought it was really well done.

A couple observations:

1. What was up with that Watertown police Chief point shooting at the end? Was it just Hollywood or was he wounded or something and unable to raise his weapon?

2. The lockdown: wasn't it basically illegal and unconstitutional to order people to remain in their homes, i.e. detain them without cause? Also saw lots of homes being searched, isn't this also not allowed without a warrant?

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Wahlberg fails to impress me as his character approach doesn't seem to change with each new role. Sorry folks

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
People weren't required to stay in their homes, it was a request and it just so happened that everyone complied.

I was living in one of the locked down cities at the time and I went for a walk around the block and didn't have any issues.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I think he just reloaded and quickly and just started shooting as fast as he could. He wasn't the chief he is a SGT. if you watch the featurettes they have a long interview with him and he takes you to the house and shows you all the bullet holes from the rounds that went around him.

I was thinking while watching it that if this happened in any free state AR barrels would be poking out from ever window in most houses aiming at the bad guys.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post