SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    SigForum Pen Pals?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigForum Pen Pals? Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted
I've recently (re)discovered the charm of handwritten letters and correspondence, and I have also started up a modest fountain pen collection. I think it might be fun to start up a few snail-mail correspondences with some other SigForumites who would like to get something other than junk-mail and bills from the mailman.

So, here's an open offer to you, SigForum - for anyone who would like to start exchanging letters, send me an email (email in profile just replace the "-at" with the "@" symbol) and confirm your email with a post in this thread so that I know it is you, and I will send you a letter! If you don't mind, in your email, give me a line or two about yourself or a topic or two that you would like to discuss, or let me know topics you would like me to avoid, and I'll happily oblige. Personally, I'd like to avoid politics and religion as serious topics, but jokes which delve into these realms (or most any other) are quite alright.

Depending on how many responses this generates, I may have to stage or cap how many correspondences I can manage, but, for now, sky's the limit. Hope to hear from you guys and gals!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Dear ShneaSig,

I never thought this would happen to me but.....

I think Sigforum Penpals is a capital idea.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
My first victim taker! You're in, Thunderson!

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Dear Shneasig

There I was, just landed in Cleburne Texas ferrying an airplane back home to Alabama....

I’ll talk about just about anything

Sounds fun. I’ve not done this since elementary school. Email made it too easy.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Thanks, pbramlett! You're next!

-ShneaSIG

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Dear ShneaSIG,

You've got mail.

Thanks,
ffips

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Cool/nice idea.

Years ago I once got a super kind postcard checking on me from Bre (and her family), because I'd been away from the forum for a while. It was lovely. I still have it somewhere, probably as a bookmark.

I used to be great about it, myself, but I use an old Typewriter then sign it by hand rather than write the whole thing, same idea, though. I even have stamps set aside for this very thing, cool themed ones.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
46and2, I don’t want to hijack the OP's thread. I did put out thr offer for similar today in my thread if desired.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post