SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A different version of Murder on the a Orient Express
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A different version of Murder on the a Orient Express Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
The wife and I watched the 1974 version tonight as she had not previously seen it. However, it's not the version I remember watching when I was younger. If I had to guess, I'd say it was somewhere between 1979 and 1983. I could have sworn that Michael York was in it and he shot himself in the leg to throw the inspector off his trail. I think I remember watching it on HBO so it could have been a made for HBO or even a play based on the story.

I could be completely confused and it could have been another show where everyone was the murderer. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
You might be thinking of “Death on the Nile” (1978), another Agatha Christie having the “Hercule Poirot” character having a similar theme.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
You might be thinking of “Death on the Nile” (1978), another Agatha Christie having the “Hercule Poirot” character having a similar theme.
That very well could be. I'll check it out. Thank you.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
That very well could be. I'll check it out. Thank you.

No, no,no....it’s part of the Mandela Effect...brought on by the 7ft tall shape shifting reptilian aliens that actually run the world.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.
Didn’t Mrs. Christie have a whole series of Hercule poirot books that followed the same theme?

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post