SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Canelo vs. GGG2, September 15th, any fight fans?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canelo vs. GGG2, September 15th, any fight fans? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
My local megaplex shows the big fights in one of theaters and charges $20. Excellent price compared to PPV and you get a recliner.

I was at the same theater for the first fight, and saw GGG get robbed, blind. Horrible, terrible scorecard. Then Alvarez acted like an ass hole in the ring after the fight. Then this year he got busted for PED’s when everyone knows in boxing, about Mexican meat loaded with shit. I am looking forward to this fight, bought my ticket, and looking forward to GGG knocking this fool, the fuck out!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Nope. I'll wait when it's free to watch. They can prove the judging isn't a fustercluck first before I jump in.

If I'm doing a Boxing PPV this year, it's Wilder vs. Fury.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I usually buy the big fights and have friends over. I'm a big fight fan and love GGG. I'll be out of town that weekend though and not sure if I'll be able to find it live.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Less than a week to go for the fight of the year!

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
...any fight fans?

Not since the outcome of fights began being determined prior to the fights.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
...any fight fans?

Not when there is a KO or TKO. Not every fight goes to decision.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
...any fight fans?

Not when there is a KO or TKO. Not every fight goes to decision.

So...all of those Tyson fights/KOs weren't predetermined? Please.

The fight game has been fixed for years to maximize revenues.

Is it still somewhat entertaining to watch? Sure. But anyone who thinks it's legitimate needs to have their head examined.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I watch too many fights for that to be true, sorry.

Tyson fights....some of his opponents said his fists felt like being hit by bricks. Tyson was a thug growing up and that extended into the ring (biting ear). Most of his quick KO’s were legit, a few others the dude got a taste and wanted nothing more of it fearing for his life and stayed down. When Tyson started losing, well he had quit already. Leading up to the Buster Douglas fight, he was partying, doing cocaine, went through a divorce, parted ways with Rooney, lost D’amato.

The only thing “rigged” in boxing is a judge here and there. Canelo vs GGG 1, one of the three scorecards was absolute shit. Still doesn’t condemn the entire sport.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The only Tyson fight that might have been rigged was Tyson/Sheldon. Everyone else he legitimately fucked up everyone until Buster Douglas. People who are paid to take a dive are smart enough to go down before they hit queer street.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DanH,

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Even if the outcomes were rigged (they're not, but there are definitely some crooked judges) the fight is what I want to see. It is less about who wins except in very certain cases where I particularly like one boxer better than the other. (This actually does happen to be the case with GGG vs Canelo.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I love the fights, but I won't pay the toll for this PPV fight - the price is just too high.

I thought the last fight was close, but not so close that I thought there was any doubt that Golovkin won. I certainly hope Golovkin performs as he can. He is a lot more appealing to me than Alvarez.

The Mungia fight on the undercard could be a good one.

Lemieux is also an entertaining fighter, and a known knock-out artist with really heavy hands. His fight could also be fun to watch as O'Sullivan is also very aggressive. Lemieux was flat the last time he was out, though.

But I'll watch them later when they are on regular HBO.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post