SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last of Us II
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last of Us II Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plasteek:
seems like a lot of fun. will check it out.

Highly recommend playing the first one. It should be very cheap now, but it will hook you.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I'll be picking up another PS4 on Black Friday just for this game. I typically focus on story driven games, but found Uncharted 4 dragged on a bit due to the fact that there were so many really long cutscenes. Last of Us had a much better story and I grew attached to the characters much more so than in Uncharted. Uncharted 1 and 2 were much better games than 3 and 4; even Lost Legacy was better than Uncharted 4.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sony has confirmed a holiday 2020 release of the PlayStation 5.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Just a PSA/FYI type of thing for those that have not played part one yet and would like to. Part one is FREE to download this month only from PlayStation Smile

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
New release date announced. June 19 Big Grin

https://blog.us.playstation.co...i-ghost-of-tsushima/

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New gameplay released, I'm excited!

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Game is official. Got mine last night (release day) and I am already over 12 hours into it. Not too bad so far Cool

Who else is got one?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I will be anxious to hear your take as I was originally a day one buyer but I have read enough that has turned me off until I hear some REAL people’s opinions.

Mostly I get the impression that Ellie is like 180 degrees different and basically a murder machine which even given the “circumstances” seems a bit odd. There are other things but I just get the impression the “charm” of the first one is gone.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I will be anxious to hear your take as I was originally a day one buyer but I have read enough that has turned me off until I hear some REAL people’s opinions.

Mostly I get the impression that Ellie is like 180 degrees different and basically a murder machine which even given the “circumstances” seems a bit odd. There are other things but I just get the impression the “charm” of the first one is gone.

I am a bit different than most I think in how I look at games. Whether a sequel "fits" to the original is only sort of important to me. It definitely needs to fit but...

So far I will say it does have a bit of a different feel to it than the first one story wise. Without give any "real" spoilers, part one Joel was basically the murder machine...part two...yup Ellie has basically taken over that role. Smile

Overall game play so far is just as good as the first one I think, with the added bonus of more ways to get over, under or around things. Bad guys are a bit smarter also which also adds the extra fun lol Big Grin

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Oh shit. I forgot.

Ordering now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
let us know how the transgender role reversal fits into the overall game play

not too interested in that nonsense

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
let us know how the transgender role reversal fits into the overall game play

not too interested in that nonsense

----------------------------------------

Couldn't tell ya anything about any of that. I haven't seen anything at all along those lines.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I got the special edition. I am heading to a dune away from home for a much needed break later this summer. I will be bringing the game and my PlayStation to aid in passing the time when I’m not watching the waves with my wife

Please make sure to post spoiler tags. I will be avoiding them until I can play it

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
I am thoroughly enjoying this game. Maybe even more than the first!

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Still playing.......

My thoughts so far......

How do I say things about the game so far without giving up any spoilers....

Well, I guess about the best I got so far....HOLY SHIT!!! Big Grin

Those Bloaters are still a pain in the ass Big GrinBig Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Well...got through the whole thing. Smile

Still kinda mulling over everything. I had fun....mostly lol....there was this one boss fight that took a "few" tries....well, spoilers Big Grin

Don't really know what I think about everything story wise. Still sorting that out as well Smile

I will say, I will be hitting up the new game+ but I will most likely give it a day or two. Gotta find all the goodies and get those trophies afterall Big Grin Big Grin Overall , again, I had fun Smile

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's a technically astonishing game, but the story is complete trash. And to make it worse, there's no option to kill the villain of the story after the entire game tells you, "Murder's bad, m'kay, so I'm force you the murder the whole game, m'kay, except for the person you want to kill."

And to make it worse, Neil Cuckman makes himself a character in the game and you get a nice example of Sony censorship (minor spoilers):

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Working my way through my second run through. I think I need to change my previous thoughts on things.

I will happily take a couple bloaters any day over these damn stalkers. And the shamblers as well for that matter Big Grin

Even though I know where to expect them, those stalkers are still a pain. I burn through more health kits because of them than anything else in the game. Sneaky little basterds they are lol Big Grin Big Grin

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just me but, does anyone else get Johnny Cash in their head while playing this??

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/U3NJC18Oi04?t=57