SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last of Us II
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last of Us II Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
Well, it looks like I’ll be taking a week off after Valentine’s Day.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XvG-EpPoCCA

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Holy shit. You and me both.

We should start a support group.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have LOVED all the naughty dog stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed all the Uncharted’s

I have a daughter and .......

The Last Of Us was a HUGE punch in the gut. The prologue alone tore me up. By the end of the game I was totally invested in Joel and Ellie and could so relate.

The Last Of Us and Red Dead Redemption II are two of the best overall entertainment/storytelling experiences I have ever had across all genres.

Suffice to say I am looking forward to TLOU2.

I have played many games in my life but the three that stay with me are
Wasteland (the EA original)
Red Dead 2
And The Last Of Us.

GTAV and Sid Meir’s Pirates get honorable mentions.

“You think I’d let you do this on your own?” Chills man. Chills.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ll also be taking a vacation that week...

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The story of the first one was the best of any game I’ve ever played. They really couldn’t have made the ending any better. I’ve been waiting on part 2 for a couple years now.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I've been an Xbox gamer since the first one. Got 3 360s and an XBO that I haven't played in years but I must say TLOU was excellent! Bought a PS3 just to play the game and sold the console afterwards.

Now I'm curious about the sequel...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So now she is gay. Fucking hell. Guess we got that out of the way early. Not really sure a minors sexuality is something to be explored in an action/survival game. But.........

Ok, cool. At least they don't seem to hate men.

I'll probably get a PS4 soon so my better half can play this. She thought the first was great.

I've basically squeezed all the juice out of my PS3.........damned good piece of hardware. Time to retire to the life of a Blu_Ray playing for us.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
She was gay in the first one. or at least bi? In the Left Behind story she kissed a girl.

from wiki
Left Behind features a scene in which Ellie kisses her friend Riley, suggesting that she is either homosexual or bisexual. After the game was released, Druckmann said that he wrote Ellie as a gay character, though he preferred to leave the subject of her sexuality up to players to decide.

-
Do I need a PS4 Pro to play this?

I need to find my PS4. I think my daughter took it to her mother's house.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You do not need the Pro to play either Last of Us.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just a hunch but this may be a PS5 launch title. Probably will be available on the PS4 but we are due for a PS5.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
PS5 is coming next Christmas from what I see.

Also I think the original Wasteland is being re-released as was the recent re-release of the original EA Bards Tale trilogy. Not sure which console was getting it though.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Just a hunch but this may be a PS5 launch title. Probably will be available on the PS4 but we are due for a PS5.

Sony owns Naughty Dog and they have said that Last of Us 2 will be a available for both consoles. Current release date for TLoU 2 is February 2020. Speculation and past release timing suggests the PS5 will be out for Holiday 2020.

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Feb 21, 2020 is the official release date. Cool Big Grin Big Grin

I bought a PS4 years ago specifically for two games, the Uncharted series and The last of us. I actually bought the PS4 Uncharted edition.

I lost count how many times I have played through The last of us and I am most definitely looking forward to part two.

By the way....IS IT FEBRUARY YET??? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I have LOVED all the naughty dog stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed all the Uncharted’s

I have a daughter and .......

The Last Of Us was a HUGE punch in the gut. The prologue alone tore me up. By the end of the game I was totally invested in Joel and Ellie and could so relate.

Tell me about it. My daughter is named Sarah, too. Frown

I never did get into the Uncharted series. I just didn’t think they were that entertaining.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I played it on PS3 then bought a PS4 to play the PS4 version. I got the Uncharted 1-3 pack and didn't get into it. I kept replaying The Last of Us.

I'm ready for part 2.

Not minority enough!

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Uncharted is “Indiana Jones”. Light, fun adventure. They are fantastic games.

TLOU is way darker way heavier. Both are fantastic in their own way but TLOU is deep especially if you can relate to the relationships.

Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Been looking forward to this for a long time. The original game was enjoyed not only by me, but my better half, who after watching me play the first 30 minutes was absolutely hooked and forbade me from playing it without her in the room. Suppose I should run through the original again before this drops

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve managed to keep from buying a ps4 for a long time but this game just might have me looking for one.

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
LOL. Same thing happened to me

quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
Been looking forward to this for a long time. The original game was enjoyed not only by me, but my better half, who after watching me play the first 30 minutes was absolutely hooked and forbade me from playing it without her in the room. Suppose I should run through the original again before this drops

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
seems like a lot of fun. will check it out.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post