SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Weekend "ear worm" for your listening pleasure :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weekend "ear worm" for your listening pleasure :) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
A take on David Seville's 1958 original:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was only 10 & remember it was a big hit. Lots of airtime, it spawned Sheb Wooley’s “Purple People Eater.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I was only 10 & remember it was a big hit. Lots of airtime, it spawned Sheb Wooley’s “Purple People Eater.

You betcha! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
I was born 4 years after the original was released but I was a big fan of the Chipmunks when I was a kid. It wasn't too long before I heard the original and found out it was done by David Seville. It's been a favorite of mine ever since.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Brought to you by "The days when things were much happier ".

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This was my first and most serious ear worm. It's a stupid song that bounced around in my head nonstop for months. It still occasionally surfaces. Play this at your own risk!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Instead of opening that Norman vid (taking the admonishment about "at your own risk" seriously), I looked up the lyrics. OMG talk about vapid! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Apparently the tune itself is catchy, or at least it was to Jim. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
catchy

That's like saying Stormy Daniels is a bit unchaste. Big Grin
You were wise not to listen to it.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I had Uptown Funk stuck in my head so badly, I had to sit between my speakers and play the drum solo from INA GADA DA VIDA until my ears bled.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I had Uptown Funk stuck in my head so badly, I had to sit between my speakers and play the drum solo from INA GADA DA VIDA until my ears bled.

You may have just defined the very worse in ear worm afflictions known to man! ROTFLMAO! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and then there is always the memorable theme from Green Acres

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
and The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post