SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If you could bring back one dead musician.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could bring back one dead musician..... Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Levon Helm

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Took me half a second to think SRV. Glad to see he was the fiirst entry. IMO, he was an incredible talent and I’ll always kick myself for taking a pass on seeing his show that night he died. Frown

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The King, B.B. King.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The Possum.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
Charlie Parker

Bird lives....on CD.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enrico Caruso.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
First one that came to mind was Cliff Burton. Cut down in his prime....by a damp bus crash. Plenty or good ones here, but I like the choices like Burton, Holly, Cobain, Wine house and the othera that died too early on.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Levon Helm

At Levons funeral, the drum corp from the local high school where I was working at (Jackson Twp.)was asked to play with Ringo as their leader.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I'm another for Karen Carpenter

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
No love for David Bowie, uh?

0-0
I think Bowie accomplished everything he wanted to and gave us all he had to offer. It was a good and long run. I say let him rest.

SRV was taken too soon but he was an I unevolving sort. As awesome as he was, I feel he would have worked himself into irrelevance.

Jimi Hendrix was an evolving type but it would have got weird, man.

I can't think of my answer to this question.

interesting comment,

some artists fall out of favor with the public, at least as far as getting the TV/internet time, and yet continue to make great music,

tastes change, new styles 'take over' and those with talent keep on keeping on,

I agree with you both. But then the Duke knew how to come back time and again. As a singer, composer,and outstanding performer, as a actor. I'm no huge fan of him but enough to thank him for his ability to change, adapt and lead.

Even his swan song is profoundly moving. Haven't managed to be able to listen to his last album more than once.

Saw him on stage back in the mid 80s, he was incredible.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
The King, B.B. King.

Go for the trifecta. B.B., Albert and Freddie.

What an awesome show that would be.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Duane Allman

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bonham, Miles, or SRV

Posts: 900 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
For me it would be Sam Cooke. What a singer!

quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Jimi
I saw him about a month before he died.

Can you tell us more about this? I visited his grave in Renton, WA. Drove all the way up from El Paso, TX to see the graves of Hendrix and Bruce Lee.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Narrow it down to one? Painful...

Dimebag Darrell. Still in awe of his guitar mastery. Keith Moon would be next, since I never got to see The Who when he was alive. SRV would be third. Coltrane fourth.

Among singers...Patsy Cline, Ella, Nat Cole, Sam Cooke and Ol' Blue Eyes all came to mind, but I'd have to pick Bobby Darin, from the era before his faltering heart really started to affect his vocal abilities.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
John Denver

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Robert Johnson (blues)

He's got my vote - he was the inspiration for a lot of rock stars.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Keith Emerson

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'd like Jimi Hendrix a lot, but Elvis would really be an event.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post