SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If you could bring back one dead musician.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could bring back one dead musician..... Login/Join 
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Freddie Mercury.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I'd love to just luck up on Townes Van Zandt singing some of his songs in some honky tonk. Not to mention all the other songs he could write...

Oh man, you ain't kidding. He was number two on my list.

Second this !!!

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Terry Kath, original Chicago Transit Authority guitarist. Simply incredible. Chicago would probably not have delved into that mushy stuff. At least not too soon.

The second would be Lowell George. 'Nuff said.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Electric Poet: Jim Morrison.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Terry Kath, original Chicago Transit Authority guitarist. Simply incredible. Chicago would probably not have delved into that mushy stuff. At least not too soon.

The second would be Lowell George. 'Nuff said.

Not sure he would be my first choice, but a very good choice.
That guy could play a guitar.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Since I can ever remember, Lenny Kravitz. Its how I met one of my best friends is by not remembering he wasnt dead.

Otherwise Duane Allman. I enjoy their tunes.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Jimi

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Either Eddie Hazel or Roy Buchanan.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
SRV or Jeff Porcaro.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I had the fortune to see SRV in about 1984

excellent show, but not front row,

Bowie, Winehouse, Hendrix and also Strummer (with the Clash, or the Mescaleros) come to mind

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Looked at this thread for a couple of days. I don’t know, there are so many. My first instinct is to say Stevie. Today, I thought of Buddy Holly. He was so young when he died, yet his influence is incredibly strong. His songs are stil covered today. I wonder what he would have produced if he lived.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Jimi
I saw him about a month before he died.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Randy California

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jessi Bjorling

2nd choice is Ella Fitzgerald

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hendrix

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
John Lee Hooker or Muddy Waters. Have to flip a coin.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Although he is best known as a composer, Mozart. Mozart. Mozart. Mozart. Mozart.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
Kind of a jacked question. Bring them back when they were in their prime, or as they were when they passed away? Very different answers.

I think it is probably safe to assume that he intends to bring the person back when they still had their skill. What is the point otherwise?

"Yeah, I'd bring back Famous Guitar Player, but only after he was crippled by arthritis, and reduced to a drooling imbecile by Alzheimers."

well, Sinatra did have lots of hookers and blow, even after his prime!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Jim Morrison or Ron McKernan (Pigpen)!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Randy Rhoads would be my first pick. Never been a big Sinatra fan but how cool would that be to see him.

I would also pick Ronnie James Dio, but if I had to choose, I would pick Freddie Mercury and take my wife. That would give me a lot of points to bank with her.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post