SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If you could bring back one dead musician.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could bring back one dead musician..... Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Tom Petty

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think Freddie Mercury still had a lot of talent and showmanship but near the end of his life I think he closed out his career by singing with his operatic idol and that made him happy.

George Harrison I think would be my choice as a guitar player - he had so much more in his catalog ad could have collaborated with a lot more contemporaries. So he would be my pick for a guitarist.

Rick Wright would be my pick for a piano player - he was the glue to Pink Floyd. Most under-appreciated but perhaps the most gifted.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think Freddie Mercury still had a lot of talent and showmanship but near the end of his life I think he closed out his career by singing with his operatic idol and that made him happy.

George Harrison I think would be my choice as a guitar player - he had so much more in his catalog ad could have collaborated with a lot more contemporaries. So he would be my pick for a guitarist.

Rick Wright would be my pick for a piano player - he was the glue to Pink Floyd. Most under-appreciated but perhaps the most gifted.

George was a great song writer and guitar player and I am a big fan of his. I have learned to play several of his songs.
On Beatles albums George had Clapton playing the lead in a few of his songs. Clapton recorded a lot with the Beatles. And we all know the Layla story.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Bach

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Which one?

Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Buddy Holly would be a huge one, I agree. Taken way too soon. Massively influential.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Gary Moore.

"The Loner" - Live 1987 Stockholm

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
... Or Zeno Roth.

"Signs On The Sky"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm late to the party, but:

I was going to say JS Bach, Maestro's choice; but I have to go with my brother from another mother, Jim Shugart, and say Schubert. Mostly because he really dug musical evenings with his friends.

Of course I'd like to see him before the syphilis got to him. It's been said that if he were a head taller he might have gotten a wife and not had to sleep with prostitutes...and lived perhaps another 30-40 years. Imagine!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so now we have petty ,harrison and orbison,
I see a wilbury's reunion, almost

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Harry Chapin and Jim Croce!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
What if there was a drawing to pick a musician’s name from among those nominated, to be brought back from the dead.

What if such a drawing took place and you found out the winner is: Zeno Roth

Mad

Big Grin

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
What if there was a drawing to pick a musician’s name from among those nominated, to be brought back from the dead.

Mad

Big Grin

Well, I'd be jumping for joy. Wink Razz Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
I miss Waylon.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:

Mad

Big Grin

At least no one chose GG Allen.

If Lawrence Welk or Glen Miller played an instrument then one of them would be my second choice. Yes, Glen Miller.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:

Mad

Big Grin

At least no one chose GG Allen.

If Lawrence Welk or Glen Miller played an instrument then one of them would be my second choice. Yes, Glen Miller.

Glenn Miller was a trombone player. Lawrence Welk played the accordion.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Cliff Burton

Good one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Warren Zevon

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Free bird Cool

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post