SIGforum
If you could bring back one dead musician.....

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2370087744

October 05, 2018, 02:53 PM
SR025
If you could bring back one dead musician.....
Tom Petty
October 05, 2018, 03:06 PM
nhtagmember
I think Freddie Mercury still had a lot of talent and showmanship but near the end of his life I think he closed out his career by singing with his operatic idol and that made him happy.

George Harrison I think would be my choice as a guitar player - he had so much more in his catalog ad could have collaborated with a lot more contemporaries. So he would be my pick for a guitarist.

Rick Wright would be my pick for a piano player - he was the glue to Pink Floyd. Most under-appreciated but perhaps the most gifted.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

October 05, 2018, 06:15 PM
rtquig
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think Freddie Mercury still had a lot of talent and showmanship but near the end of his life I think he closed out his career by singing with his operatic idol and that made him happy.

George Harrison I think would be my choice as a guitar player - he had so much more in his catalog ad could have collaborated with a lot more contemporaries. So he would be my pick for a guitarist.

Rick Wright would be my pick for a piano player - he was the glue to Pink Floyd. Most under-appreciated but perhaps the most gifted.

George was a great song writer and guitar player and I am a big fan of his. I have learned to play several of his songs.
On Beatles albums George had Clapton playing the lead in a few of his songs. Clapton recorded a lot with the Beatles. And we all know the Layla story.

Living the Dream
October 05, 2018, 06:56 PM
senza nome
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
October 05, 2018, 08:10 PM
Maestro
Bach
October 05, 2018, 08:28 PM
ersatzknarf
Which one?

Wink

October 05, 2018, 09:04 PM
46and2
Buddy Holly would be a huge one, I agree. Taken way too soon. Massively influential.
October 05, 2018, 10:24 PM
Storm
Gary Moore.

"The Loner" - Live 1987 Stockholm

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 05, 2018, 10:47 PM
Storm
... Or Zeno Roth.

"Signs On The Sky"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 05, 2018, 11:10 PM
sjtill
I'm late to the party, but:

I was going to say JS Bach, Maestro's choice; but I have to go with my brother from another mother, Jim Shugart, and say Schubert. Mostly because he really dug musical evenings with his friends.

Of course I'd like to see him before the syphilis got to him. It's been said that if he were a head taller he might have gotten a wife and not had to sleep with prostitutes...and lived perhaps another 30-40 years. Imagine!

October 06, 2018, 11:12 AM
bendable
so now we have petty ,harrison and orbison,
I see a wilbury's reunion, almost

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
October 06, 2018, 01:40 PM
Rolan_Kraps
Harry Chapin and Jim Croce!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
October 06, 2018, 04:29 PM
TMats
What if there was a drawing to pick a musician’s name from among those nominated, to be brought back from the dead.

What if such a drawing took place and you found out the winner is: Zeno Roth

Mad

Big Grin

October 06, 2018, 08:21 PM
Storm
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
What if there was a drawing to pick a musician’s name from among those nominated, to be brought back from the dead.

Mad

Big Grin

Well, I'd be jumping for joy. Wink Razz Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 07, 2018, 06:41 AM
MRBTX
I miss Waylon.
October 07, 2018, 08:19 AM
mr kablammo
quote:

Mad

Big Grin

At least no one chose GG Allen.

If Lawrence Welk or Glen Miller played an instrument then one of them would be my second choice. Yes, Glen Miller.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
October 07, 2018, 09:08 AM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:

Mad

Big Grin

At least no one chose GG Allen.

If Lawrence Welk or Glen Miller played an instrument then one of them would be my second choice. Yes, Glen Miller.

Glenn Miller was a trombone player. Lawrence Welk played the accordion.
October 07, 2018, 12:25 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Cliff Burton

Good one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
October 07, 2018, 12:37 PM
joel9507
Warren Zevon
October 07, 2018, 12:38 PM
SigSentry
Free bird Cool