SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I'll put such a strangle hold on your gun money...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'll put such a strangle hold on your gun money... Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
I don't give a shit whether you did or not, and neither will anyone else. I'll put such a strangle hold on your gun money that you'll be out on the street throwing ROCKS!

I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU! I'll make it my mission in life.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One of ours?"
"One of mine."

Good flick. Book's even better. If you haven't read it let me know; I think I have the paperback in a box here I can mail your way.

Posts: 386 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've got all of Clancy's books.

ISTR having watched Patriot Games and annoyed they deviated so far from the book. Maybe I'll have to watch it again.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I've got all of Clancy's books.

ISTR having watched Patriot Games and annoyed they deviated so far from the book. Maybe I'll have to watch it again.

"In Sum Of All Fears", the PC Police got all up in arms about Middle Eastern Men being made the terrorist bad guys, so everyones' favorites from WW2 were hauled out again made the bad guys. Also, the movie was set to release in the Fall 2001, but 9-11 happened and it was pushed to after the start of 2002.

Still an enjoyable way to mindlessly kill a couple of hours.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Guy's been dead how many years now? And the franchise is still pumping out marginal books with his name on them.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Still wish they'd make a movie out of "Without Remorse" and "Red Storm Rising"

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Still think The Hunt for Red October is the best of the movies - Alec Baldwin or not.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Still think The Hunt for Red October is the best of the movies - Alec Baldwin or not.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6040 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm currently watching Hunt for Red October. I never realized that the assistant sonarman on the Dallas was such a moron. Like, did he even go to school before taking the post?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post