SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The House That Jack Built (controversial serial killer movie)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The House That Jack Built (controversial serial killer movie) Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
This looks pretty intense.

So intense that over 100 people walked out on it at the Cannes Film Festival. Meanwhile, those who stayed gave it a 6 minute standing ovation.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...o-walk-out-in-cannes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I've heard the objective of current European film makers is to so disgust the audience that they walk out.

I'll pass.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Couldn't finish the trailer.

No matter who stars or directs nowadays, I'm not interested when film stops being art and becomes fictionalized snuff films. The Walking Dead episode when Glenn was killed is a minor example. No thanks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn.

quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I've heard the objective of current European film makers is to so disgust the audience that they walk out.

I'll pass.

?

Horror films are a tiny subset of all European films and filmmakers, so even if that was true amongst the ones who make Horror-ish films (which it isn't) it still would be a small group.

The vast majority of European films and filmmakers make nothing of the sort.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It sounds to me like a sick snuff film masquerading as a legit movie. I’ll pass.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
just another chick flick

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Lars is a vile human.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post