SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    And now you know...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And now you know... Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
The rest... of the story...

Over 3,000 episodes...

http://www.paulharveyarchives.com/trots/

I've been listening to a bunch today.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Used to listen to him at 1405 hrs, AFRTS (right after the DM-$ exchange rate and other news was broadcast) when I was in Bitburg AB, in the early 1980s.

If we could stop what we were doing, we would, just to tune in and listen.

(more likely to make that "formation" than any other...)

RIP Mr. Harvey, you most certainly earned it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Used to hear those on the radio riding with my dad as a kid and loved them. When I was in college, I stumbled onto two little paperback collections "Paul Harvey's TROTS" and "More of TROTS" that I read several times over while traveling over the years. Now I enjoy Mike Rowe's version, The Way I Heard It. I question the veracity of some of them, but they are great listens and I hope mostly accurate.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post