SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    golan and globus movies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

golan and globus movies Login/Join 
posted
anyone a closet fan?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Nope, not a closet fan. Been a proud, out of the closet fan since the '80s. They were a massive part of my high school entertainment experience.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
+1

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson, how can you go wrong? Big Grin

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You don't mean the original Israeli ones do you?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Time to die, Iron Eagle... Big Grin

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Iron Eagle was TriStar.........

But now I have One Vision stuck in my head and can't help but chuckling at ......
"Well you can deal with me....Doug Masters!!!"

FRIED CHICKEN!!! forever. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The only two that I saw that stand out as Go Go Boys movies are God's Gun, and Kid Vengeance. Researching the filmography of their company Cannon, I have seen other films as well but I would not be a fan of their profferings. Lee Van Cleef, the King of the Spaghetti Westerns.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
I loved Invasion USA and Delta Force. Wore out those VHS tapes.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson, how can you go wrong? Big Grin

And ninja movies!!! Big Grin

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
I loved Invasion USA and Delta Force. Wore out those VHS tapes.

Invasion USA was awesome.

Ninja movies, so many them two made....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Was always a big fan. Death Wish series, Delta Force, Invasion U.S.A., Ninja series, Missing In Action, Breakin', Hercules, etc. I have a lot on VHS buried somewhere.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yep, I am a big fan. My son grew up on these awesome movies on VHS in the 80's and I was renting or buying them all the time. It was good stuff. Big Grin

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Death Wish series, Delta Force, Invasion U.S.A., Ninja series, Missing In Action,

Great flicks, even the really bad ones. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Loved them, Invasion U.S.A., the Missing in Action series and Delta Force were my favorites. I have the Delta Force theme song on my USB drive in my car.

Yes, Iron Eagle, while not Golan and Globus was also another favorite. Good complementary to Top Gun. "There ours dad! They're AMERICANS!" Amazing what an 18 year old can do with a F-16 with infinite fuel and munitions!

Posts: 2513 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I guess because of the obvious aircraft, airbase, geography in the flight backgrounds, and the general cheesiness, I always just assumed GG was behind it.

Attack them! Through the flames!
Big Grin yeah, right. You first.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
This triggered me to watch my BluRay copy of Invasion USA, further research indicates we are forgetting the Sylvester Stalone masterpiece "Over the Top."

Posts: 2513 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
One of my personal Cannon film favorites was: Death Wish 4: The Crackdown.

"You may have heard of me, Mr. Kersey. My name is 'Nathan White'."

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post