SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Billy Price and the Keystone Rhythm Band
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Billy Price and the Keystone Rhythm Band Login/Join 
posted
Who knows about them? If you do, you're probably older and live along the eastern seaboard. I think that's where most of his touring has been. Hadn't thought about Billy Price in quite a while and was just reminded of him. Saw him two or three times in the mid-eighties in Durham and Chapel Hill in very small clubs. What a kick that was! I didn't know who he was and a friend who owned a bookstore selling tickets comped me a couple. Ha! A wonderful surprise. He had a young guitarist with him who was just a monster; one of the very best guitarists I've ever seen and I mean including the big name ones. Billy Price...very fond memories of a great singer and entertainer.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, Billy Price and the KRB. Hip shakin', kick ass R&B horn band. I saw him dozens of times in the Pittsburgh area in the late 1980's. From small clubs to the Gateway Clipper, Billy played them all. The band was tight and the horn section was killer. At least one of their songs, Hold Back the Night, saw considerable airplay on the local radio stations. Even though the KRB is defunct, Billy still performs as the Billy Price Band. In fact, he'll be at Moondog's in Blawnox, PA on June 2nd. Certainly worth a look. Enjoy!

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I'll be at Moondogs for that show.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post