SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    PMJ- Don't Stop Believin'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PMJ- Don't Stop Believin' Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted
This song has been redone so many times that I didn't expect such a fresh take on it.

http://postmodernjukebox.com/n...one-take-video-epic/

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Nice !

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was good, definitely different! I'm still missing those massive notes by Perry towards the end of the song.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
If I'm being brutally honest...

The arrangement is very stylistically interesting and I enjoyed it quite a bit, but musically, it's flat. It hangs in the middle of a single register with little to no dynamic structure.

It might help a little if their male vocals weren't all tenors.

Just my $0.02.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
More often than not i hate songs that I like being remade. This is one of those times. For being a rock and roll song, this is barely one step above an elevator music version.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Doesn't everyone play Air Baguette in their kitchen?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
The arrangement is very stylistically interesting and I enjoyed it quite a bit, but musically, it's flat. It hangs in the middle of a single register with little to no dynamic structure.

Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards.
His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. A full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order.

Big Grin

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
I dunno, just didn't like it much personally. Even had to stop it towards the end there because it sounded more like a cacophony of noise than music.

But then again, I was wondering the whole time why the help was just messing around and stealing people's drinks when they're supposed to be working a dinner party. I mean, the woman should've been fired on the spot when she denied a guest an hors d'oeuvre near the beginning. Damn hipsters.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest checking out some of Postmodern Jukebox (Scott Bradlee) and Robyn Adele Anderson's works. Robyn did the vocals in most of the earlier PMJ stuff. They do interesting covers of a lot of famous and popular songs, almost always in genres or from eras nothing like the original. You won't like all of them, but you will love some of them.

I actually think this one is a little bland.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ This is the best in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lF2qEA2cw

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the song and I liked this version just fine. Smile

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I would suggest checking out some of Postmodern Jukebox (Scott Bradlee) and Robyn Adele Anderson's works. Robyn did the vocals in most of the earlier PMJ stuff. They do interesting covers of a lot of famous and popular songs, almost always in genres or from eras nothing like the original. You won't like all of them, but you will love some of them.

I actually think this one is a little bland.

saw them in concert a few weeks ago, she was the only one I recognized from any of the videos I remembered,

scott bradlee was not even there, just a dude that looked kinda like him,

still a good show, with some damn good artists, that play very well together,

wife and I was laughing a bit, one of the singers looked like the love child of Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nickelson

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
If I'm being brutally honest...

It might help a little if their male vocals weren't all tenors.

Just my $0.02.

-Rob

Yes. the first female singer had a unique sound. The rest of it sounded like "Up With People".

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
The video portion keep my interest, the music not so much.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
should have used the bass line of the original,(especially at the beginning)
but like it cause it's different

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Doesn't everyone play Air Baguette in their kitchen?

For certain!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah its lip sync but I smile every time I see it

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/32...rocks-the-rain-delay

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ Cute girl. I'm surprised none of her teammates joined her.