SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Shooter now on Netflix:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooter now on Netflix: Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it before but my boys are always talking about it, thought it was another CSI fake police stuff.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
223 isn't powerful enough to take down anything bigger than a squirrel. Roll Eyes

To be fair, .338Lapua and .50 Barrett figure prominently in the series. Very little sniping type work done with .223.

Yeah but that line wasn't about sniping it was from the 1st episode season one when he was talking to hunters.

Right, I forgot about that. One of more than a few gun handling/gun statements in the series that made me shake my head at their inaccuracy or ridiculousness.

I took it as talking shit but who knows

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Bumping this for benefit of newer members who may miss Shooter on Netflix. My wife loves it, it has violence but there's also a backstory involving Swagger's family. Stephen Hunter who wrote several books mainly about snipers, was an occasional columnist for the Washington Post. That was years ago, long before they went woke.

Treason is another Netflix series worth watching.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it on cable. Was ok for mindless entertainment, but I could never get right with the pretty boy for Bob Lee. I always thought it was more of a Tommy Lee Jones kinda role.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post