SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Just saw the new version of "The Lion King"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just saw the new version of "The Lion King" Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
WOW! All I can say is "WOW"!!!!

It follows the original, but not exactly. Pumba actually sings "FARTED".
I think that Jeremy Irons should have been brought back as Scars, but really enjoyed the new cast.

See it.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I’ve read that it is fairly disappointing, with minimal dialogue and boring scenes. But I trust the opinion here, more so than that of any “professional” movie critic.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
BTW, there are no "easter eggs" during the credits at the end.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I don't share the enthusiasm for this movie. My spouse and near adult kids and I just got through it and are in absolute agreement the original is much, much better. Almost unanimous is each of the original voice actors were better than the current, or at least equal: Zazu being the only one. Even James Earl Jones was better in the original.

Also, the music is much better in the original.

In retrospect this isn't even a Redbox rental.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I just saw it today. It has been at least 20 years since I saw the original, and I had pretty much no expectations.

I thought I would be distracted by the hyper-realism but after a couple of minutes I was just sucked in.

My only gripes were that sometimes the music felt forced (as in - oh, time for a song!) and the singers in the original were a bit better.

But still very enjoyable!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post