SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    My book is now published - Christian Fiction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My book is now published - Christian Fiction Login/Join 
posted
Hello, all.

A little background, if I may.

After a long career in IT, I went out on medical retirement a year ago. I have a pretty rare disease called NET cancer (Neuro-Endocrine Tumor cancer). While most people haven't heard of it, you know a couple of people that lost their fight with it: Steve Jobs and Aretha Franklin. The press always calls their cancer 'pancreatic cancer', but it wasn't. They both had NET cancer, originating in the pancreas.

To make a long story short, I decided to do something I'd always wanted to do: write a book. In the past I had several ideas, but could never find a unique angle that I felt passionate enough about to spend months writing it.

About 2 years ago, right after my diagnosis, I started the book. I wanted to address what I feel is a real need in the Christian community - the fact that few Christians spend time daily in the Bible, and that fewer still feel qualified to study scripture on their own.

In order to help this situation, I decided to write a trilogy. It's an action / adventure series where the characters have to seek out the hidden and forgotten books of the Bible. Interspersed with the action, I include information on the structure, timelines, themes, authors and chronology of the Bible. It provides a solid overview while, I hope, entertaining the reader. It's a different sort of genre, one that I think is unique - which is not the smartest way to approach the book world. Smile

All that said, the Kindle edition of my book went live this week. If you are interested, the book is here:

https://www.amazon.com/Scholar...id=1587132736&sr=8-1

In case the link doesn't work, the book is titled 'The Scholar's Quest: Book One: The Way' by Brad Rucker. The paperback version will be available in about two weeks.

Please let me be clear: I am not doing this to make money. God's taken good care of myself and my wife - I am doing this to hopefully meet a need that I see in the Christian community. If you are interested in Christian Fiction, I invite you to take a look.

And if you actually read the book, I welcome any and all critique, criticism and feedback.

For more information on the book than I'm allowed to post on Amazon, the book's site is www.bradrucker.com

Thanks to Para for allowing me to post this.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad and nice to meet you. I have downloaded it to my Kindle and look forward to reading it. I will post a review when I am finished at Amazon. Thank you for sharing.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I'll download it on my phone's kindle app. thanks !

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that is a pretty awesome achievement

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Rucker, Sorry for your diagnosis. I will add you to my prayers. God does indeed work in mysterious ways. Your books come at a good time for all of us. Many, myself included have not done or keep up with our studies . I very much look forward to buying your book when it's out. Frankly reading on kindle has never been a way for me to enjoy the written word. I hope your book awakens the newbie and some of us oldies. May God continue to bless you as you seek to further his word.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Brad, I will add in prayer for you daily. It almost seems that these days hardly anybody goes by unscathed by some touch of cancer, I've lost many good friends to this horrid disease, however not all is a complete loss as I've heard of some miraculous recoveries also, and several having to do with the power of prayer and faith. My heart goes out to all, and to many here who suffer this disease.

I will gladly purchase your book/s for reading here soon. I've started another quest of reading thru the Word daily beginning early this year. I try to read at least 10 chapters a day. Though in the book of Isaiah my reading is limited to just 5 chapters as the length of the chapters are much longer. This will be I think my 4th time through, as I've tried to read thru every once in awhile just to keep some perspective and my faith intact.

I've always enjoyed the Word, and much more so as I age, things have a way of taking on different meaning throughout my years, nonetheless special and appropriate for the timing in my life. I'll certainly pick up the first of the trilogy, and having a fresh thoughts from the books I'm reading thru now things will no doubt fill in seamlessly.

God Bless you, and my prayer is for hope and healing, may you be blessed with a long life God willing..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, folks. Cannot tell you how much I appreciate it! Would especially like to have reviews if you have the time and inclination.

To Will G - I am with you. The scriptures have so much more depth for me now and I'm a lot more willing to listen to the Lord now.

To Fla. Jim - Thank you! Prayers are especially welcome!

Again, to all - THANK YOU.

Brad

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I read what was available on Amazon as soon as I saw your post asking permission to announce it here. That genre isn’t my cuppa tea, but I was impressed by what I saw. I have a couple of struggling author friends, and I have some appreciation for what’s involved in a project like that.

All the best with your endeavors.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you, sir, as well as congratulations on being published!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Just purchased your book, I wish you the best.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will go buy it. I am impressed. I’m in my second round of chemo and I find it hard to do much of anything, so finding the strength and determination to write a novel I find very impressive.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, thank you for the support on my first book.

Just a quick note to say that the second book, The Scholar's Quest: Book Two: The Truth, has just been published and is available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Scholar...id=1600512051&sr=8-1

My thanks to Para for allowing me to note this. God bless.

posted Hide Post
Bought the first as a Kindle book.

Thanks, and looking forward to number two and three in print format.

Posts: 519 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you sir.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I very much appreciate it.