SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    done with lethal weapon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

done with lethal weapon Login/Join 
posted
screw it if they can't do anything with the riggs character .

trauma this, p.t.s.d. that, drama cry baby whacko.

they either need to develop something or just give the hell up.
it was old four shows ago.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Agreed! I've stopped watching this show for that very reason. It had its purpose early on in the series, but got old real fast.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know this was a show. They really can't come up with anything new anymore, can they?

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Watched it a few times when it came out but haven't since then.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
And he dumped his Beretta for a VP9

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
I didn't even know this was a show. They really can't come up with anything new anymore, can they?

My wife told me they made a show out of Taken.

They've run out of ideas long ago and just recycle stuff now.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fact is there are so many channels and networks that shows get made that would have been laughed at just 10 years ago.
Good time to go into acting, they need millions of that trade to make all these turkeys.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the good screen writers went to cable, the really good ones went to Netflix and Amazon. What's left at the networks is friends of friends in high positions.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched two or three episodes when it first came out. Pretty quickly decided that it was "can miss TV", and quit paying attention. Watched another random episode a few months ago, and turned it off. Bad from the start.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
John Wick the series is coming...Hope they don’t screw it up

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
I still like the show but I also agree the PTSD has gone overboard. I've been confused with these latest episodes because I thought when it ended at the Christmas break he had decided to quit drinking and get his act together.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watch it, it's ok, I do wonder if they will ever get past the PTSD stuff, I'm guessing no. I'll hang in with it.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
John Wick the series is coming...Hope they don’t screw it up

Too late: They already screwed it up with the sequel.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
At the end of the last show Riggs did tell his partner that he needed help so maybe they'll start going a different route with his character. It's still better than most of the other cop shows out there.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

My wife told me they made a show out of Taken.

They've run out of ideas long ago and just recycle stuff now.

Taken was pretty decent last year when he was part of a team, but it's not as good this year with the new cast. It's almost like they didn't want it to compete with The Brave.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you bendable, yours is the last push I needed to quit watching.
I' e been wondering about this show's direction and getting tired of ghe lack of it. I thought it was a personal problem, not a series one.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well, it's been renewed for season 3 and Clayne Crawford is out.

Stifler is in.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yeah... The show was weak and a bit cheesy but I still watched it. Now with Stifler as the new Riggs I'm out.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
well, it's been renewed for season 3 and Clayne Crawford is out.

Stifler is in.

Yeah, doubtful this will make it and surprised they even renewed it without Crawford.
He made the show but apparently was a "bad boy" off camera. Eek
They did take him out in style on the last episode though.
I thought he played the Mel Gibson character pretty well though.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why didn't they just write out the Riggs character instead of a mid series recast? This is not looking like it's going to last more than the 13 episodes slated for next season.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post