SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Watching American Graffiti...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching American Graffiti... Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
....and it has the absolute BEST soundtrack. I'm gonna have to download it. I love how the music is just constant throughout the flick. Oh, and the movie is pretty good too.

Carry on.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I had the double album soundtrack back when the movie came out...must have played the whole thing a few hundred times.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Hell, I wore out the grooves on my American Grafitti album. Now the tape is going, too. Fortunately I have managed to acquire all the cuts in other ways.
Except the Wolfman Jack part.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I love the movie and the music. And I was born the same year it was made.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The movies American Graffiti, Heavy Metal, and Amadeus are probably my favorite sound tracks.

And i remember meeting the Wolfman a couple times - once when he was a DJ in LA and once when he was in San Diego with Shotgun Tom Kelly. (KCBQ as i recall)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I can't watch American Graffiti yet. I have to wait for Labor Day weekend!

I also own the soundtrack on CD. It's weird to listen to those oldies all clear sounding without pops and hisses.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it again twice last week. It was on one of the cable stations along with a few other classics. I was graduating high school in 73 and clearly remember the movie AND the music. I decided to buy the soundtrack CD on Friday and the movie.

NRA Life Member
Member - SAF/ANJRPC

Posts: 155 | Registered: April 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wore the double CD out as a kid. To this day, if I hear one of the songs for the soundtrack, I immediately start singing the next song from the soundtrack when it ends.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Had that soundtrack on 8-track tape that I played a million times cruising in my first car back in '74.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set in Modesto in the Central Valley, downtown scenes filmed in Petaluma.

Ford's Bob Falfa character drives a '55 Chevy with a 427ci, same car that was featured in Two Lane Blacktop with James Taylor.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

And a couple of nights filming in San Rafael before they kicked Lucas and his crew out.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Ford's Bob Falfa character drives a '55 Chevy with a 427ci, same car that was featured in Two Lane Blacktop with James Taylor.

When I was recovering from my heart attack in 2003 my sons bought me a model of this car-they knew/know it's my favorite hot rod of all time lol-and it sits on my computer desk ahahaha.

Great film, have the Special Edition digitally remastered Blu Ray I watch every Labor Day weekend.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post