SIGforum
Watching American Graffiti...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2230077824

August 12, 2017, 08:23 AM
mbinky
Watching American Graffiti...
....and it has the absolute BEST soundtrack. I'm gonna have to download it. I love how the music is just constant throughout the flick. Oh, and the movie is pretty good too.

Carry on.
August 13, 2017, 01:17 PM
mttaylor1066
I had the double album soundtrack back when the movie came out...must have played the whole thing a few hundred times.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.
August 13, 2017, 04:09 PM
LtJL
Hell, I wore out the grooves on my American Grafitti album. Now the tape is going, too. Fortunately I have managed to acquire all the cuts in other ways.
Except the Wolfman Jack part.
August 13, 2017, 04:29 PM
Chris17404
I love the movie and the music. And I was born the same year it was made.

August 13, 2017, 04:50 PM
LS1 GTO
The movies American Graffiti, Heavy Metal, and Amadeus are probably my favorite sound tracks.

And i remember meeting the Wolfman a couple times - once when he was a DJ in LA and once when he was in San Diego with Shotgun Tom Kelly. (KCBQ as i recall)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

August 13, 2017, 04:57 PM
LastCubScout
I can't watch American Graffiti yet. I have to wait for Labor Day weekend!

I also own the soundtrack on CD. It's weird to listen to those oldies all clear sounding without pops and hisses.
August 13, 2017, 07:19 PM
TomTR
I watched it again twice last week. It was on one of the cable stations along with a few other classics. I was graduating high school in 73 and clearly remember the movie AND the music. I decided to buy the soundtrack CD on Friday and the movie.

NRA Life Member
Member - SAF/ANJRPC
August 13, 2017, 08:07 PM
KDR
I wore the double CD out as a kid. To this day, if I hear one of the songs for the soundtrack, I immediately start singing the next song from the soundtrack when it ends.

August 14, 2017, 01:05 PM
sandman76
Had that soundtrack on 8-track tape that I played a million times cruising in my first car back in '74.

August 14, 2017, 10:17 PM
corsair
Set in Modesto in the Central Valley, downtown scenes filmed in Petaluma.

Ford's Bob Falfa character drives a '55 Chevy with a 427ci, same car that was featured in Two Lane Blacktop with James Taylor.
August 15, 2017, 02:16 PM
LastCubScout
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

And a couple of nights filming in San Rafael before they kicked Lucas and his crew out.
August 16, 2017, 09:32 PM
doc45
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Ford's Bob Falfa character drives a '55 Chevy with a 427ci, same car that was featured in Two Lane Blacktop with James Taylor.

When I was recovering from my heart attack in 2003 my sons bought me a model of this car-they knew/know it's my favorite hot rod of all time lol-and it sits on my computer desk ahahaha.

Great film, have the Special Edition digitally remastered Blu Ray I watch every Labor Day weekend.