SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Worst famous actor of all time?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst famous actor of all time? Login/Join 
posted
My vote goes to Robert De Niro! Same scowl, same tough guy,same wiseguy in every single movie! Even when he is in a supposed comedy, like "Meet the Fockers".
Even Character actors from the old westerns introduced a little personality with each new role!

Posts: 127 | Location: somewhere in the lower great lakes | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Direkt
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to John Wayne. Especially in "The Conqueror".

Posts: 461 | Location: South Jordan, UT | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get that! But, I at least found him entertaining!

Posts: 127 | Location: somewhere in the lower great lakes | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just personal dont care for: Russell Brand.
Was never a big fan of Paul Walker acting-wise.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Although I can't argue the completely inappropriate casting of Wayne in "The Conqueror", a huge number of beloved actors never really alter their persona. Look at Jimmy Stewart. Loved by millions, including me. Always the same guy.

DeNiro definitely fell into a mold, but look at him in, say, "Raging Bull". Not the same guy at all.
Well, maybe a little. Wink

My votes are for: Quentin Tarantino, Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris (sorry, Chuck), Jean Claude Van Damme, Madonna. I gave a pass for every one who I thought had ever done anything remotely decent (looking at you Ahnold).

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Will Ferrell.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Sean Penn.

This has nothing to do with his politics. I love many actors I don’t agree with.

What bugs me about Penn is he basically seems to always play ..... Sean Penn. his “acting” generally does nothing for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keanu Reeves

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicholas Cage

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Barbara Streisand

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeptic:
My vote goes to Robert De Niro! Same scowl, same tough guy,same wiseguy in every single movie! Even when he is in a supposed comedy, like "Meet the Fockers".
Even Character actors from the old westerns introduced a little personality with each new role!

I often think of DeNiro as an overrated actor but then I think of him in Awakenings with Robin Williams. It’s a great movie and DeNiro and Williams were fantastic together. Definitely not your typical DeNiro. I think he was a little different from his usual self in Backdraft too. I honestly think that the reason DeNiro pretty much always plays the way he does is because that’s what the directors want from him. Certainly his behavior is his trademark as well, but I think a lot of it is because people are specifically looking for it.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
While not a big star, Jeff Conaway always come to mind as the worst actor I've seen. Hell his roll on the show Taxi was that of a bad actor, and even at that he was bad.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DeNiro has to fight being DeNiro late in his career. He showed more range earlier. Watch King Of Comedy or Bang The Drum Slowly. Ripping him for his performance in Meet The Fockers is a stretch. The movie is a comedy but his character was a retired CIA operative and the DeNiro persona was part of selling the role. He wasn’t cast to be the funny guy. You’re though in that he does mail it in by playing DeNiro in many roles.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Rob Schneider or Andy Dick.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of famous actors that CAN´T ACT but that doesn´t prevent them from being liked and box office instant winners.
There are many that even can guarrantee you will have a good time.
Following this same reasoning, there are a lot that can be easily replaced by just about anyone because the scripts are so god that the main character can be played by a trained monkey.

I never could stand Klaus Kinsky.
Of ALL TIME, that´s a big question.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Not technically an actor, but Chris Farley. I heard a sigh of relief when he woke up dead.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Nicholas Cage has my vote for the worst. He’s been in a lot of movies that could have been cast much better.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Brad Pitt.
Ben Afleck

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Berto! I never actually watched more than a few minutes of "The Fockers", so it didn't occur to me that his role was a spoof of his standard character!

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Sure, Nick Cage should be the crowned king of contemporary worthless actors.

I look forward to Steven Seagal movies rather than Cage´s. Even comedies Wink

As an actor, Ben Affleck turned out to be a quite decent director.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post