SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Worst famous actor of all time?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst famous actor of all time? Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
The worst of all time is Grace Kelly. The less she spoke, the better she was. High Noon; when she drove the buggy out of town, I wanted to stand and cheer. I was in 2nd grade.

at least she was easy on the eyes

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Number one on my list would be Madonna. She's mostly a lousy singer, but she's an even worse actress. Rosie Perez would be next. She just annoys me. After that, I'd add Kristen Stewart, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Sylvester Stallone, and Steven Seagal for obvious reasons. I could go on and on, but the last one on my list would be Ben Affleck. He probably has the potential to be a good actor, but someone needs to teach him how to breathe through his nose. His mouth is hanging open in half his scenes.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For us it's a tie between alleged comedians Jim Carrie and that Ferrell person. Both try to be funny but succeed only in being annoying. How any casting person could see either as viable for a movie part is quite beyond our comprehension. Can stand only a few seconds of either on the screen. There are really poor actors of note, but these two reign supreme.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
For those that hate Jim Carrey, you might try watching him in one of his (rare) serious roles, like "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

You might gain a new appreciation of him, outside of his over-the-top/in-your-face comedy roles.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
The worst of all time is Grace Kelly. The less she spoke, the better she was. High Noon, when she drove the buggy out of town, I wanted to stand and cheer. I was in 2nd grade.

Well, someone(s) thought highly of her; she won the Academy Award for best actress in 1954.

But she married well and saved the rest of us. Smile

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Sarah Jessica Parker. All the movies she's in, all she does is whine.

I think the word you are looking for is whinny.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I disagree with much of what has been mentioned previously but one perhaps that comes to mind is Marilyn Monroe.
She was very famous and her acting performances were nothing special.
I would say the better the range of characters played the better the actor is.
A lot of how many are viewed are simply how they are cast or the popularity of the film/show.
That isn't always the actors fault.
They may only want to be perceived one way or they may in fact just not able to play different parts.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Harrison Ford! I love Indiana Jones, but he’s always the same wooden character.

"You call him Dr. Jones, doll"!
Dissing my childhood hero man. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim Belushi
jack black

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zach Galifianakis

Really not that famous but I cant stand him.

Not funny, kind of smug, wont watch anything with him in it.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Anyone mention William Shatner yet?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Pierce Brosnan

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
You've seen one, you've seen them all...

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
For those that hate Jim Carrey, you might try watching him in one of his (rare) serious roles, like "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

You might gain a new appreciation of him, outside of his over-the-top/in-your-face comedy roles.

Truman Show is a good move, and a solid performance.

He did well as Andy Kaufman.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Sarah Jessica Parker. All the movies she's in, all she does is whine.

I think the word you are looking for is whinny.

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dare I say Michael Caine?

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Stallone, De Niro, Mr. T, Bette Midler, Sean Penn, Shai LaBeouf, Danny Glover, Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopi, Madonna.

There is no doubt some newer ones that I do not watch, but I can't judge them based off of not seeing their movies.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no doubt some newer ones that I do not watch, but I can't judge them based off of not seeing their movies.

No, I don’t believe you could

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Kevin Koestner

My favorite Kevin Costner movie is JFK, where he plays New Orleans attorney, Jim Garrison. During the movie he goes in and out of what he thinks is a Southern accent.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I love Keanu Reeves. I love John Wick, and the first Matrix, and Bill and Ted. He seems like a really nice guy from everything I read about him.

But he's a terrible actor. He does seem to know his limitations and stay within them these days.

Kevin Costner is not even good at playing Kevin Costner. The more I see of Jared Leto, the less I like him.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post