SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Worst famous actor of all time?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst famous actor of all time? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Jerry Seinfeld...the soup nazi was a better actor Cool

No soup for you. I like Jerry.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James Caan

Gene Hackman

The roles they always got cast-in/played were always redasses. Both would play chip-on-the-shoulder jerks, the kinda guy that never grew up from his BMOC-days in school. Perhaps in the later half of their careers, the roles they played was really a summation of their most popular characters Roll Eyes and they could just ride on the side-roles and residual checks.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Sondra Locke. I pains me to think how much better all of those Eastwood movies had been if she wasn't near any of them.

True, but Sondra was Eastwood's live-in at the time. She probably told Clint: "No movie - no nookie".

I became acquaintances with a co writer of Pale Rider and also several other Eastwood movies. He told me after the breakup Clint hated when one of his movies would be replayed on tv that had her in the movie because she would get part of the royalty. But she was in so many that it was impossible to restrict them all from being played. She never struck me as a attractive woman and a poor actress. Clint felt otherwise apparently.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
James Caan

“Are you telling me the Tataglia’s can guarantee our investment”

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Shatner is up there for me.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Shatner is up there for me.

Are you dissing the greatest over-actor in the Federation?

Next you'll tell us that Nimoy showed limited emotional range.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not sure but seems most are just naming actors famous as they may be that they don't like.

Does that make them a "bad actor"?
What evens defines the worst actor?
The character?
A performance?
The movie or show they are in?

Seems a lot has to do with the role they are in.

If they are believable in the role to me that makes them pretty good regardless of the quality of the piece aka film etc.

Some of the ones mentioned before make no sense.
You can't get to the place some of these are without some appeal and ability to their craft.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've always said avoid any movies with Peter Fonda or Brook Shields in them and if they are both in it ..... RUN and Run AWAY FAST!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Matthew McConaughey

Alright, alright........

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
Matthew McConaughey

Alright, alright........

I’ve seen a number of nominations that I disagreed with (like Vince Vaughan, True Detective), but this time I had to respond. Offhand, I can’t think of an actor who’s grown more in his career than McConaughey, e.g. Dallas Buyer’s Club. He played himself for a long time “alright, alright, alright,” but has (I think) had some good performances in the last 10 or 15 years, and maybe True Detective is a valid example for him too.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford! I love Indiana Jones, but he’s always the same wooden character.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’m also throwing in Kevin Costner and Chuck Norris.

I sure hope Chuck Norris doesn’t see this.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Im convinced that Will Smith just gets paid a bunch to read some lines and respond to a different name for two hours. He is the same no matter what role he is in.

The only possible exception being Pursuit of Happyness, but since he was playing a dad with his own son, its hard to say that that wasnt just him, too.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Juliette Lewis- Her face and voice simply annoy me.
Kristin Stewart- She doesn't act, she just broods or looks troubled.
Jim Carey- Over-comedic, over the top. Annoying.
Vince Vaughn-Can't stand his incessant rambling.
Sandra Bernhardt- She makes me want to vomit, but I don't know if she's famous enough to qualify.
Seth Rogan- Makes his career out of playing the same mediocre loser.
Sarah Jessica Parker. All the movies she's in, all she does is whine.

I'm sure I can think of more. Give me time...

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve seen a number of nominations that I disagreed with (like Vince Vaughan, True Detective), but this time I had to respond. Offhand, I can’t think of an actor who’s grown more in his career than McConaughey, e.g. Dallas Buyer’s Club. He played himself for a long time “alright, alright, alright,” but has (I think) had some good performances in the last 10 or 15 years, and maybe True Detective is a valid example for him too.

^^^^^^^^^^
Yep, but his Lincoln commercials REALLY suck.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
Matthew McConaughey

Alright, alright........

You gotta pump those up, those are rookie numbers in this racket.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Yep, but his Lincoln commercials REALLY suck.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Steven Seagal and Nicolas Cage.
I can’t believe anyone would say Matthew or Brad. Yes, they have a type, but my God, they have some versatility. Matthew: Dallas Buyer’s Club, True Detective, and Brad, who I thought was a waste of time, completely won me over with Burn after Reading and Inglorious Basterds. Speaking of Burn, I don’t like John Malkovich, either. I’ve no idea what anyone sees in him.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had not seen the Parody of the Lincoln commercial. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The worst of all time is Grace Kelly. The less she spoke, the better she was. High Noon; when she drove the buggy out of town, I wanted to stand and cheer. I was in 2nd grade.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post