SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Worst famous actor of all time?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst famous actor of all time? Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Nicholas Cage

I’ll second that.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cage is my vote too. Lots of bad Cage on NF and Prime.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Adam Sandler.

The guy just isn't very funny and his roles are basically the same.

Or Steven Seagal.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The Rock

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sylvester Stallone has a place on this list.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Ben Stiller

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Kevin Koestner

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steven Seagal.

Spanish subtitles on cable TV here can't save his poor acting.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nicolas Cage, Ben Affleck, Sandra Bullock. God, there are so many can’t pick just one.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have not seen everything he has done, but I struggle to watch James Franco. I’m sure plenty like him. There’s just something about his delivery I don’t sync with.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Sondra Locke. I pains me to think how much better all of those Eastwood movies had been if she wasn't near any of them.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Not technically an actor, but Chris Farley. I heard a sigh of relief when he woke up dead.....

Well, that wasn't very nice. While I agree about Cage, my vote would be for Brando, particularly his later films. Directors were so in awe of his supposed talent, that they would let him do what he wanted and much of it was stupid. Dressing up as a woman in Missouri Breaks comes to mind.
Since women are now actors and no longer actresses, we should include Ali McGraw. She was such a beauty that it took several movies to realize, she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Will Ferrell.

Times infinity...absolutely can not STAND that schmuck.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'll add Eugene Levy and Charles Grodin.

Can't speak to their acting chops but everything I've ever seen either one in they just annoyed the living shit out of me, to the point where I had to turn it off.

If I'm scanning for something to watch and either of their names comes up, it goes straight to the nope list.

Further, agree with most of the other names posted.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Ferrell, Sandler, and Stiller. They all suck.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Adam Sandler.

Give 'Uncut Gems' a chance.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Sondra Locke. I pains me to think how much better all of those Eastwood movies had been if she wasn't near any of them.

True, but Sondra was Eastwood's live-in at the time. She probably told Clint: "No movie - no nookie".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Worst famous actor of all time?

So how are we defining this?

Just famous actors we don't like?
or A list actors that are bad (sort of a contradiction I think).
Are we talking about a single performance or just in general?

The question can take many paths since fairly vague.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Worst famous actor of all time?

So how are we defining this?

Just famous actors we don't like?
or A list actors that are bad (sort of a contradiction I think).
Are we talking about a single performance or just in general?

The question can take many paths since fairly vague.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say A-list actors that are bad. Not vague and not a contradiction. Not all A-listers are good actors. Some have gotten by with their looks instead of great acting.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Famous? I think there are some who used to be BIG, but have declined in the past decade or two and their (lack of) roles show it. Nicolas Cage springs to mind. Johnny Depp too. But Depp can sometimes act his ass off. Cage, not so much.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post