SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What Movie Is This?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Movie Is This? Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
There was a movie I saw years ago, and I cannot think of the name.

I think the movie was from the 70s (maybe the 80s).

I remember one scene: The movie is set in the 1920s or 30s. The main character is some kind of rascal - a con man or a bootlegger. He is being chased by the local sheriff and makes it across a bridge into the next county or state. He thinks he's gotten away, but then the sheriff shows up. The sheriff's brother(?) is the sheriff of the adjoining jurisdiction and allowed him to come over and grab the rascal. The sheriff and his men then beat the rascal to a pulp.

That's all I can remember. Can anyone identify the movie for me?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Peter Bogdanovic's Paper Moon (1973). John Hillerman plays the guy swindled by Ryan O'Neal, and also plays the Deputy.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I think that's it. Thank you! Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post