SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    2019 MotoGP thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 MotoGP thread Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The minimum weight they adhered to. You'll never get a rwhp figure for them, ever. Estimates are 290-300 RWHP currently.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That’s racing man. Repsol Honda can’t be too mad at JL’s torpedo to the 2nd in points not to mention taking out all of factory Yamaha. Shit sucks but it happens.

Nah. In Moto3 maybe, not in the premier class with the event happening at the front with factory riders and a title contender. Maverick got a penalty in practice this weekend for a minor infraction. You can't give Mav a penalty for something minor then ignore a human bowling ball in the race. He takes down one rider, sure. But 3? Nah, penalize his ass.

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That’s racing man. Repsol Honda can’t be too mad at JL’s torpedo to the 2nd in points not to mention taking out all of factory Yamaha. Shit sucks but it happens.

Nah. In Moto3 maybe, not in the premier class with the event happening at the front with factory riders and a title contender. Maverick got a penalty in practice this weekend for a minor infraction. You can't give Mav a penalty for something minor then ignore a human bowling ball in the race. He takes down one rider, sure. But 3? Nah, penalize his ass.

I agree with this. His overzealous ass all but handed little Marky his next championship. Was it on purpose or accidental? Don't care. He fucked the race up and made it so uninteresting that I all but checked out. Had any of the riders did that to the golden boy MM93, I think race direction would have been a little more than peeved and penalized the shit out of whomever the guilty party was. That dive bomb by Lorenzo was absolutely unnecessary with so much racing left to do. I understand a last lap lunge, but midway through the second lap of the race is very immature for a world champion such as himself. That shows me that either he's a total fucking idiot, or more appropriately, not as skilled as he and others think he is.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

I agree with this. His overzealous ass all but handed little Marky his next championship. Was it on purpose or accidental? Don't care. He fucked the race up and made it so uninteresting that I all but checked out. Had any of the riders did that to the golden boy MM93, I think race direction would have been a little more than peeved and penalized the shit out of whomever the guilty party was. That dive bomb by Lorenzo was absolutely unnecessary with so much racing left to do. I understand a last lap lunge, but midway through the second lap of the race is very immature for a world champion such as himself. That shows me that either he's a total fucking idiot, or more appropriately, not as skilled as he and others think he is.

He's just a self absorbed ass hole and always has been. He just flew to Japan and is pushing HRC to design their bike completely around him because that's his deal. He is skilled, and capable of winning at every circuit when the entire bike is tuned and developed around his riding style. As a person, he's just an ass hole. I remember him and Simoncelli getting into it. Yorga was accusing Marco as being extremely dangerous and risking people's lives on track. Then the famous "Then I get arrested" statement came out of Marco's mouth at a pre-event press conference, and it was hilarious. Then Marco called them all little girls because they whined all the time (Lorenzo and Stoner) about dangerous passing only then to go out and pull the same damn thing on a rider during the race. When someone would make a very hard but clean pass Yorga would whine to the press and race direction about it incessantly. Then he'd go out and do the same to another rider and say "It's racing". He's always had a double standard. And that has always made him a hypocrite.

And you can bet your ass, if this shit took Marquez out he'd be banned a race or starting Assen from the back of the grid. Look at Argentina in 2018. Marquez was banging people left and right and put Rossi into the litter. No punishment for the next race(s). Should have been banned a race at least or made to start from pit lane. Nothing though.

Rossi pulled shit many times but it was always with one rider, and most of those times were last lap duels where this shit is acceptable. He fucked up the one race (LeMans I think) taking Stoner down. That was clearly his fault. Trying to override that Italian POS in the rain and taking Moaner down. At least he walked down pit lane as soon as he got off the bike and apologized to Stoner in full view of the fans and cameras. Lorenzo didn't do the same and he sent 3 riders into the litter. Can't stand him or Marc, and generally don't like most of the Spanish riders and their attitudes. Exception being Rins. He doesn't have that typical Spanish I own all this attitude.

Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

He's just a self absorbed ass hole and always has been. He just flew to Japan and is pushing HRC to design their bike completely around him because that's his deal. He is skilled, and capable of winning at every circuit when the entire bike is tuned and developed around his riding style. As a person, he's just an ass hole. I remember him and Simoncelli getting into it. Yorga was accusing Marco as being extremely dangerous and risking people's lives on track. Then the famous "Then I get arrested" statement came out of Marco's mouth at a pre-event press conference, and it was hilarious. Then Marco called them all little girls because they whined all the time (Lorenzo and Stoner) about dangerous passing only then to go out and pull the same damn thing on a rider during the race. When someone would make a very hard but clean pass Yorga would whine to the press and race direction about it incessantly. Then he'd go out and do the same to another rider and say "It's racing". He's always had a double standard. And that has always made him a hypocrite.

And you can bet your ass, if this shit took Marquez out he'd be banned a race or starting Assen from the back of the grid. Look at Argentina in 2018. Marquez was banging people left and right and put Rossi into the litter. No punishment for the next race(s). Should have been banned a race at least or made to start from pit lane. Nothing though.

Rossi pulled shit many times but it was always with one rider, and most of those times were last lap duels where this shit is acceptable. He fucked up the one race (LeMans I think) taking Stoner down. That was clearly his fault. Trying to override that Italian POS in the rain and taking Moaner down. At least he walked down pit lane as soon as he got off the bike and apologized to Stoner in full view of the fans and cameras. Lorenzo didn't do the same and he sent 3 riders into the litter. Can't stand him or Marc, and generally don't like most of the Spanish riders and their attitudes. Exception being Rins. He doesn't have that typical Spanish I own all this attitude.

THANK YOU for putting exactly how & what I feel about Lorenzo & Marquez into words.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

Jorge Lorenzo gets to sit out Assen due to his crash in FP1. Fractured T6 verterbrae when he came down on his head.

Don't like the guy but also don't like seeing shit like this happen to anyone. Hopefully he sees the writing on the walls and retires at the end of the season.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
'Splain how, when and why you put a foot down instead of a knee?

I'm not being contrary, I just haven't figured it out.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Different theories. Throws off the competition (closing off a line), feels more comfortable, changes the center of gravity lower and more forward, acts like a sail and helps one "body" steer in whichever direction the dangle is....and the list goes on.

I'd say it's a little bit of all of it with weight transfer/center of gravity, and body steer being the biggest part of the equation. Real results or not, they "feel" like it does help. I've seen Marquez use his foot like Fred Flintstone. Watch the smoke roll off some of these riders boots. Amazing really.

I like watching them but with some of the newer riders, they'd as soon ride through you than around you. Fun times!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rins & Mir are looking good!! Best qualifying for Mir yet. Suzuki is starting in position #3 and #5 on the grid. This should be a good race. I am just loving how competitive these guys are on that beautiful GSX-RR. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
mutedblade, I doubt JL will retire after this season. The guy has had some absolutely horrific crashes and then jumped right back on his bike as soon as he could. These guys are a rare breed of crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
'Splain how, when and why you put a foot down instead of a knee?

I'm not being contrary, I just haven't figured it out.

It was done before Valentino but he started the resurgence of this by damn near everyone today. He started doing it then everyone copied, well most, not every rider does it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lorenzo do it for example. It’s done to balance the bike into the corner. When you are braking that hard it just helps weight distribution. Helps you slow the bike down more accurately into the corner. Using the human body as a counter balancer of sorts. Those boys in GP are riding dragons and they jam the fuck out of the front brake into the corner. Carbon discs, state of the art Brembo calipers with each caliper in 5 figures, and all that isn’t enough. You jam on those fuckers that hard the bike wants to rock or move around underneath you. Back in the 990 days it was completely different. Rossi, for example, would come into many corners crossed up, rear tire smoking, trail braking. They do it now to balance the bike. Most of them do dirt for training so it comes natural anyway.

I’ve only done it instinctively on the track or out in the twisties. Always when I’m too hot into a corner. It just happens naturally, subconsciously, as I have never trained this on a liter. But I don’t use it like they do. My boot is out skipping across the pavement, leg out, in case I fold the front. I’m ready to use the boot to push the front wheel back up and regain traction if it starts going on me. Oh shit moments only. Marc does the same damn thing but with his knee and shoulder.

Today Marc was at a bad track for them and his bike, and still managed to be there until the end and get 2nd. Championship has been over for several rounds now but his first name is already on the 2019 trophy. Unless Marc goes down, has injuries, that require missing several rounds, the championship is already finished. Nobody has a damn chance in hell when Marc’s bad day or bad track is 2nd. And he owns the Sausagering next weekend, damn near unbeatable there. Barring him putting the bike down himself like he did in Austin, that race is already over too. Shit championship. I like to see at least 2 riders duking it out late into the season.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What a heartbreaker. That race started so good. Both factory Suzuki’s launching perfectly and running #1 & 2 heading into the first turn. Man that was awesome.... Damn shame it didn’t last -a little longer. I’m happy for Maverick. This was a long time coming and well earned, he rode the absolute hell out of that Yamaha. Mav & that YZR-M1 surprised me with a few very closely matched sprints down the straights with that damn Repsol Honda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanations!

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaaaand Rins lost the front again.

This season is over. Yay another MM championship. Roll Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The season has been over since LeMans.

The race was so lame today. Most exciting part of the race was the battle for 4th/5th between Petrucci, Dovi, Mir, Morbidelli and Rossi. That’s pathetic.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I knew Suzuki didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell even if they were 3rd in points. Seeing Rins push it to the limit and still end up nowhere near MM and then end up in the litter sucked.

I was hoping Ducati could have given the fucker a run for his money but it doesn’t look so good right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I still enjoyed watching qualifying and racing.

3, 2 and the big boys; there's always some good competition, even if its not the frontrunners.

Poetry in motion. Beautiful camera work.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What a race!!!

Poor Dovi got launched into orbit but that final turn and finish was incredible! Rins found a way to keep his GSX-RR close enough to snipe MM at the finish line. That was so excellent. I loved watching Rins next to MM, Rins has a very unique, relaxed riding style. He sits up high coming into turns and just looks super chill even when battling with the defending champion.

Could Rins be a future champion? I don’t know but I’m sure enjoying this win.

As the poet/philosopher Vin Diesel once so eloquently put it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The onboard camera footage from the crash at the start of the race is wild. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Suzuki!
But my Ducs took a hit this weekend!

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post