SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Chosen season 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Chosen season 2 Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
If anyone hasn't watched The Chosen yet it's great after the first two episodes. Fast forward through those and enjoy. Season 2 started last Sunday and episode 2 will be released this Tuesday. They can be found on The Chosen app and possibly Youtube.

PS My apologies if there is already a topic on this. Nothing came up in the search.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just watched Ep 1 of Season 2 tonight and thought it was really well done. My wife was in tears by the end as they showed Jesus reading the Genesis scroll with the first words of the Old Testament and the flash-forward of John writing the first words of the Book of John:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I love the humor they injected into S2E1.

"Oh, I'll take that one"

The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I love the humor they injected into S2E1.

"Oh, I'll take that one"

Same here! I truly love The Chosen! It is extremely well done and I thought they did a great job with episode 1 of season 2.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
If anyone hasn't watched The Chosen yet it's great after the first two episodes. Fast forward through those and enjoy. Season 2 started last Sunday and episode 2 will be released this Tuesday. They can be found on The Chosen app and possibly Youtube.

PS My apologies if there is already a topic on this. Nothing came up in the search.

Yeah the first two episodes are a bit slow. But once you watch all the episodes it is good to go back and watch the first two again. I enjoyed them more the second time when I wasn't trying to figure out the characters so much.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
Yeah the first two episodes are a bit slow. But once you watch all the episodes it is good to go back and watch the first two again. I enjoyed them more the second time when I wasn't trying to figure out the characters so much.

I took your advice tonight and they were more enjoyable the second time. Thank you!

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wonder why they keep having to replace the actor who plays Big James? The original was replaced halfway through Season 1 then the second actor was replaced for Season 2 with yet another guy.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I wonder why they keep having to replace the actor who plays Big James? The original was replaced halfway through Season 1 then the second actor was replaced for Season 2 with yet another guy.

I noticed the first replacement, but you are right. Interesting.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I just heard of this series and they are already crowdfunding season 3. I got the first season on Prime and watched season 1 episodes 1-3 last night. All I can say is WOW.

First, I gotta say I was very pleasantly surprised with the introduction that encouraged the viewer to read the Gospels for themselves.

Second, the humanization of the Jesus and the Apostles, in my opinion, is both respectful and plausible. I know there had been some objections over this. But the artistic licenses the makers took has been, IMO, reasonable. The way Jesus winks at the Shabbat dinner guest who says "I guess something good can come out of Nazareth." Jesus's healing of Mary Magdalene was heartwarming. The way Jesus interacted with the children. The characters of Simon and Andrew, and the others.

Bravo. A refreshing and so-far scripturally accurate storyline, with respectful and plausible artistic license to fill in the parts not told to us in the Gospels.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I just finished season 1. Every episode was excellent. I'm impressed by the faithfulness to the Gospels. I've yet to see a sprictural inaccuracy, even though events are portrayed in ways I had not ever imagined them. I'm looking forward to season two. Season 1 is available on Prime, but season 2 isn't.

Anyone know a way to stream season 2 on TV versus just the ap?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

Anyone know a way to stream season 2 on TV versus just the ap?

Just download and install The Chosen app and start it there on your smartphone or tablet, then you hit a button and it casts it to your TV.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Man, that was easy. I already had the app but didn't know that feature existed. I opened the ap, selected an episode, clicked the cast button, selected my Firestick on the menu that appeared, and the TV turned itself on and started showing the episode. You can control the show with the Firestick remote. How easy is that?

That casting feature will make Netflix, Prime and Hulu obsolete. Anyone with webspace will be able to host movies and shows.

BTW, I watched the 3 season-2 episodes that are out. Excellent. The flash forward of John writing John 1-5 while listening to Jesus read Genesis was amazing.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Episode 4 was pretty good tonight. They do a good job for a small budget production.