SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    suggestion for a new show to watch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

suggestion for a new show to watch Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We are watching Orphan Black, we are up to Season 4, darn good series.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supernatural. Has it ups and downs, but has kept my interest for 12+ seasons.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Dark Matter
Killjoys

Justified

+1

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
Justified.
The Last Kingdom (Netflix)

Posts: 1305 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind lots of nudity and violence, Strike Back is a good anti-terrorist action series.Big Grin

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I missed your post where you said you didn't like The Expanse.
If you feel like some obscure sci-fi try Charlie Jade.
Another vote for Fringe, it was excellent start to finish imho.

For a mini series I liked The Lost Room. Just another option off the top of my head.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Didn't watch any of the suggestions tonight.. got sidetracked by....

THE TICK!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
If you don't mind lots of nudity and violence, Strike Back is a good anti-terrorist action series.Big Grin

and add in Banshee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinemax hasn't been the same since they ended both series.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peaky Blinders
Narcos

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
crime drama, with a dark twist, and not sure if it is on streaming, (I watched on disc thru Netflix, )

Wire in the Blood,

quirky English 80's drama/comedy, Lovejoy,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
"I am the wild blue yonder. The front line in a never-ending battle between good and not-so-good. Together with my stalwart sidekick Arthur, and the magnanimous help of some other folks I know, we form the yin to villainy's malevolent yang. Destiny has chosen us. Wicked men — you face the Tick!"

Hilarious- both earlier show and this new season 1

quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Didn't watch any of the suggestions tonight.. got sidetracked by....

THE TICK!

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
Supernatural. Has it ups and downs, but has kept my interest for 12+ seasons.

A little goofy at times, but I have enjoyed it so far. Worth your time, but probably more ghosts/ghouls/goblins than sci-fi.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, I watched the first couple episodes and liked it, I'll be watching the rest for sure.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow came here to make a suggestion and wound up watching strike back. I WIN!!!

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Fauda - Netflix
Not SciFi but a different take on an action series. Spoken in Arabic with sub titles but easy to follow. Lots of action.

Other SciFi from Netflix
Sense8
3%

Then there is "The OA". That was a little too far out for my taste, but you might like it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Fringe. Be in it for the long term. It all ties in. Sci-fi

Dark Matter. Swashbuckling space pirates. Space sci-fi

Ascension. A miniseries really. It starts as a murder mystery, that's not the story. A miniseries really. Space sci-fi

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm really enjoying it.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post