SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Country Music ain't Country No More
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Country Music ain't Country No More Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
http://khyi.com

God bless you! Streaming now. Wish they had their own SiriusXM channel so I could listen (easily) in the car.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
I don't really listen to the radio, but if I did. I would have same opinion.

There are good artists that exist out there today and have been listed here.

I offer you the suggestion of Chris Knight.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Well I felt obliged to post some more videos for those looking for true country sound.

Aaron Watson

Shane Smith & The Saints

Cody Jinks

R.I.P. Brandon Jenkins

Koe Wetzel

Cody Johnson

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
A few of my all time faves:

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

If you want good country music, listen to Jason Isbell,

I wouldn't call him "country", or not at least what the OP is referring to.

He would be more alt-country or Southern rock I'd say.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
When I'm not listening to real country artists on CDs, I'm listening to our local real country radio station...

https://onlineradiobox.com/us/cattlecountry943fm/

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

If you want good country music, listen to Jason Isbell,

I wouldn't call him "country", or not at least what the OP is referring to.

He would be more alt-country or Southern rock I'd say.

Call it what you want. They said all that stuff about Hank Jr and Waylon and Jerry Jeff...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
there'll always be someone who disagrees with our choices. some probably think taylor swift is still country. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like country music and get a chance, go see Darryl Worley. Recently saw him in Indiana and he is great. He talks about how country has been ruined by those who really play pop.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Aaron Watson.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/A0K4JHf0DFM

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
What, no love for Tanya? This is from 1973.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
Jason Isbell is a great songwriter, but a bit political for me.

https://www.savingcountrymusic...rvative-songwriters/

Yeah, Isbell is a fuck.

Tyler Childers, Cody Jinks, Colter Wall, Jamey Johnson, Cody Johnson... there's lots of good out there if you look around.

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Isbell is pussy-whipped, I think. He has a couple of politically charged songs like White Man's World which is a self-loathing pile of dog crap. I skip it and listen to the rest of his wonderful music. I attribute his wokeness to his wife and daughter. Whatever...

Sturgill is a lefty, too. These guys are still buying the Left as on the side of the worker and the little man. They are wrong, but I don't really care. You don't have to be smart to be a singer or an acotr or a ballplayer.

Plenty of musicians that I disagree with about politics. Merle Haggard didn't mean what you think he meant in Okie from Muscogee and Lynyrd Skynyrd liked neil Young way more than they liked George Wallace.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

I've seen ole George in concert and I agree Big Grin

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Modern country is pop. It’s terrible. People from California and Australia faking southern accents.

Agreed 100%

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
No mention of the Man in Black?

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Gentleman” Jim Reeves still sounds great on vinyl.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post