SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Boys season 2 - starts Sept 4 .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Boys season 2 - starts Sept 4 . Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Eh, I dunno. She seems like the only one strong enough.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Well, from what I saw, Homelander went down on Stormfront...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Shut up and laser my tits! Big Grin

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, he's pretty dim-witted but if Homelander is as patriotic as he makes out to be, Stormfront making sexy time with him shouldn't last long.

Great episode. I lolled hard when I realized what was choking Marvin.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
So it's Nazis then. It figures... Roll Eyes

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Is the whole season available yet?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
No.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It will be on Friday, once the season finale 8th episode is released.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It will be on Friday, once the season finale 8th episode is released.

Really? Story has barely moved along and it's gonna be over?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'm liking season one better.
The flow just seems off to me now in season two.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It probably feels off kilter due to the greater number of storylines in Season 2. Season 1 was more focused on how to take down Homelander. Season 2 is all over the place with background/origin stories as well as more time spent on the individual supers' all dealing with their own issues.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The season ended on a strong note.

I just want to know what the deal is with the Fresca. There must be some sort of mind control substance in it.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The season ended on a strong note.

I just want to know what the deal is with the Fresca. There must be some sort of mind control substance in it.

I just took it as nod to the fact that Fresca is caffeine, sugar, and calorie free, so it's potentially popular among certain religions/cults that avoid traditional sodas because they don't believe in putting harmful or addictive substances in their bodies.

They can't drink alcohol, or coffee, or tea, or most soda, but they can drink Fresca.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:

Exactly what I thought. Totally overdone and more whitey bad shit. :: sigh ::

So much for maintaining creativity.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:

Exactly what I thought. Totally overdone and more whitey bad shit. :: sigh ::

So much for maintaining creativity.

There is some hope for the series though. Notice who was behind the "exploding heads in the Capital Building" attack? Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
the "exploding heads in the Capital Building" attack

Kinda made the GOT "Red Wedding" look like a picnic in the park!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SO...does Stormfront come back as the Bionic Woman?

s3 will A-Train have a catastrophic heart attack with his heart flying out of his chest, Alien-style? Big Grin

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally finished it. Simply couldn't get into it like S1.

One wild card they left floating around is Sinnead O'Connor. Wonder what she'll be up to since we now know it wasn't her blowing up heads in the committee room?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just watched season 2. I liked it better than I thought I would based on the feedback.

So is the kid stronger than Homelander then? Because Homelanders lasers didn't hurt Stormfront, at least her tits anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I would imagine as the first natural metahuman, the kid's powers would be stronger.