SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Boys season 2 - starts Sept 4 .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Boys season 2 - starts Sept 4 . Login/Join 
posted
Just a reminder - the next season starts Sept. 4 on Amazon prime.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's must-see (pay) TV. I'll be tuned in.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the first season. In a time when they are pumping out super hero movies left and right its nice to see something different.

I feel they waited a little to long to release season 2.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I feel they waited a little to long to release season 2.

Oftentimes, with a new series, they'll wait to see how it does with viewers before greenlighting additional seasons. So there's sometimes a greater lag time between the 1st and 2nd season, compared to a 2nd and 3rd season of an established show where the 3rd season is greenlit and in production before or as the 2nd season is released.

And there are other considerations that go into release date timing, like not wanting to conflict with other high profile season premieres (especially amongst their own shows), or wanting to wait a few weeks to coincide with a holiday weekend to increase the likelihood of people binging (with this release timed to occur at the start of the Labor Day long weekend, for example).

And keep in mind that COVID shutdowns caused filming and production delays for a number of shows and movies back in the Spring, which further impacts release dates.

In this case, the 2nd season is coming out a little over 13 months from the 1st season's debut. So that's only about a 1 month delay compared to the normal stretch of a year from season premiere to season premiere.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I hope we learn how Butcher knows so much about the Spice Girls.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Anyone else have an issue with the subtitles not showing up in Episode 3?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Why don't you know so much about the Spice Girls?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Why don't you know so much about the Spice Girls?

Point taken.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit perplexed at offering episodes only on Friday. Or have I missed some sort of setting?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
I'm a bit perplexed at offering episodes only on Friday. Or have I missed some sort of setting?

They are releasing every Friday on purpose. The producers said that releasing it at once encourages binging, where a slow release gets people talking (like we are right now).

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So... Paying for a streaming service that doesn't want you to stream...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I originally thought he wanted to know why they release episodes weekly, but later I realized he more than likely meant specifically on Fridays. As I understand, Fridays have usually been the best day of the week to garner viewer ratings. So I'm assuming that Amazon releases content on Fridays to gather the most initial views.

As for the show, itself, I'm looking forward to seeing Stormfront get hers. I'm curious if it'll ultimately be Homelander or Starlight.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I went to watch episode 2 and there was no way to play it? But I went to the end of episode 1, hit Next Up and episode 2 played.

At the end of episode 2, hit Next Up and episode 3 starts. Which I thought we weren't supposed to be able to do? Unless that's their method of stopping us, just not having a direct link to click? Aint gonna work. Did someone screw up?

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm watching episode 4. Did Amazon change their minds about releasing them once a week? I'm confused.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Okay, I'm watching episode 4. Did Amazon change their minds about releasing them once a week? I'm confused.

They released ep 1, 2, and 3 together, then they are releasing the next 5 ep one at a time on Fridays.

Amazon is getting beat up pretty bad over this as well, so it'll be interesting to see what happens in the long run.

Streaming companies are trying to emulate the success of HBO (Game of Thrones) and they are thinking that the delayed release has a part to do with the success. From building suspense, to creating "buzz" that gets people talking... they just don't get that with a full release of 8 episodes at once.

Personally, I'm on the fence about it. While I want to binge, I like the suspense and enjoy re-watching the previous episode before watching the new one.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ah okay. I thought they were doing one a week. Because like I wrote last night, I could find no clickable link to watch episode 2. The only way I could watch it was to go to the end of episode 1.

I've always been puzzled why streaming services don't do all their own content this way. Or even other shows. The way Netflix is for example, I could pay for it twice a year, 1 or 2 months at a time and watch everything I want. (getting ready to do just that) There's no real reason to pay them year round when what I want to see only comes out once a year.

posted Hide Post
I'm a grown man and pay what they ask. If I want to watch the whole damn season at once then that's what I want. I really don't care the reason they do it, but it really chaps my ass when they want to spoon feed us episodes. My biggest worry is this will become the norm. Whats next, commercials? (Kind of like when they started putting in commercials slowly in the early days of cable)

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Surprised I’d never heard about this show.

Wife and I just binge watched the first season over the past two days and have now started the second.

Great stuff!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess it won't be Stormfront who takes Homelander down...