SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mission Impossible theme.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mission Impossible theme. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Turn the sound way up and enjoy... Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/aaNrAiUNHtQ

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was terrific! Thank you very much!
Think I need a Lalo Schiffrin compilation CD...

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
awesome.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I knew about Brubek's Take Five, but had no idea that the M.I. theme was also written in 5/4. Fascinating!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16308 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Now this is something like 35-40 years ago, but we played that in stage band (the jazz band offshoot of my junior high's marching band).

I seem to recall several time changes in that.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jim!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Brings back a lot of memories. Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember it being 5/4 - played it in high school.

The location where it was filmed is about 10 miles from me.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Sorry Tom, but Peter Graves, Barbara Bain, and Martin Landau will always come to mind when hearing that piece.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Tom who? Wink

And don't forget Greg Morris, Leonard Nimoy and Peter Lupus...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Folsom has a symphony? ..who knew.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Ha! I was thinking the same. This is pretty cool.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I don't think they're the 'residents' at the prison Smile

but if they are, its the most talented group of inmates I've ever heard

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53163 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
So cool! Didn’t realize the theme was 5/4 either.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Awesome, tx.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

And with an extremely well-equipped tympany section, though not all were used in this performance.

Very good show, indeed.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Nostalgic, thanks. But I have always wondered. What is the purpose of the band "conductor"? All he does is wave the wand around and not even to the beat! If you watch the video, maybe 90% of the performers don't even look at him if his purpose is too 'direct' them. Just curious.....

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Maestro will see this thread and respond.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I don't think they're the 'residents' at the prison Smile

but if they are, its the most talented group of inmates I've ever heard

Folsom has quite a collection of affluence, a couple of the surrounding communities are practically gated communities. The hilarity is how a number of these 'communities' are sprouting up various arts & culture venues you'd only see in urban areas and not in suburbia.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
If you want some mind boggling time signatures look into some stuff by Don Ellis.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post