SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    For Those Interested...another new season of Curse of Oak Island on History Ch Kicks Off Tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Interested...another new season of Curse of Oak Island on History Ch Kicks Off Tonight Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Sounds like you've been on Sean Munger's site. Well, he does lay out some well thought-out anti-theories. I still say it's not just about treasure, it's the history that's the mystery.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It has great entertainment value, regardless. History isn't fixed in stone, new discoveries are being made all the time altering what we thought we knew as we understood it. I enjoy that angle also. Now, a discovery like finding the lost ark of the covenant would really be a "bobby dazzler" as Gary would say!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
New epi today. So they're within 14 feet of the Money Pit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Oh hey guys, look over here, a wood structure that looks like it was underwater. How'd they do that?? Well, lets dig it up and find out! Big Grin

Digging lately has become an obsession. At some point in the past that was a very busy place. For better or worse they'll eventually extract the truth of what went on there.

I think it would be neat if they found definitive proof of a Templar connection to the island that they were definitely there from a Historical perspective. That one small lead cross isn't definitive proof imo.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Maybe...just maybe, this will be the year." - Rick Lagina.

Looks like they drilled through to the searcher tunnel off Shaft 2, which is thought to be short of the Money Pit by just a couple feet.

Pretty convincing evidence that the Swamp was man-made. At exactly the time Templars were thought to be active in the area.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Unless they are planting the stuff there it's amazing to see what they are finding.
I'm not sure there's treasure but someone did an awful lot of digging and building.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Unless they are planting the stuff there it's amazing to see what they are finding.
I'm not sure there's treasure but someone did an awful lot of digging and building.

This is what keeps me watching. At some point in time someone did a lot work on that island before 1800

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have found some really cool things but this season seems like it is the season of the wood.

Hey, we dug up some wood. Come see the wood we dug up. I dug this hole and what was in it???? WOOD!!!

If I didn't know any better I'd swear this was Season 5.

They've found enough wood to build a Spanish Galleon.

I keep watching though and I'll continue to watch it. I really do enjoy it for some reason.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
In the last episode, a lot of drilling and digging going on mostly. Now, if they found a Publix or Walmart shopping cart buried at 100' or so, that would be troublesome Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that had to be the slowest episode ever, even for patient viewers like me. Hope springing eternal, maybe that means something big, no really I mean it big is about to happen.

They are like inches from the original Money Pit.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I was watching Ancient Aliens last night and they had an episode on ancient Egyptian curses on the tombs. They managed to drag the Oak Island curse into the show and were discussing parallels with those who have perished searching Oak Island for treasure. Though they're stretching, it's all about the entertainment and I'd guess all kinds of things go on media related between the Laginas and the History channel.

I thought it was a bit odd that Marty and Georgio were filmed palling around in the Island of Sardinia but it's all about entertainment and the exposure.

I have a feeling that they will stretch this show out as long as they can and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the History channel in a small part in the financing of the production.

Regards, Will G.

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Who’s Paying for the Oak Island treasure hunt?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/ent...e-hunt-funding.html/

The rewards of Oak Island’s supposed treasure might be bigger than Marty and Rick Lagina (and the rest of their The Curse of Oak Island team) ever imaged. But, the cost to dig on the mysterious home of the Money Pit is in the millions. Which begs the question: Who is paying for the Oak Island treasure hunt? Up ahead, we deep dive into the Oak Island’s financial backing and reveal who might be covering a majority of the costs.

Digging for lost treasure on Oak Island is no easy feat — and, it’s certainly not the most affordable excavation either. As it turns out, it’s very expensive to dig on the mysterious land. So, who is paying for the Oak Island treasure hunt? The funds allegedly come from multiple sources, including The Curse of Oak Island’s own cast members.

Marty Lagina and Craig Tester
Of all The Curse of Oak Island treasure hunters, Marty Lagina and his business partner, Craig Tester have the most funds. And, as it turns out, they also fund a lot of the excavation — including some of the more expensive digs and specialty testing. That said, there is a possibility that the two also have some help from multiple sources outside their business.

Oak Island tours
It has yet to be confirmed, but the Oak Island team owns a special Oak Island tours company that allows fans and history buffs alike to visit the mysterious island, learn about the findings, and even dig for treasure. Through this small business, the treasure hunters likely make some income that can go towards the hunt (or, at the very least, some of its smaller operations).

History Channel
As the History Channel’s most popular television series, the network likely pays the cast members — after all, it works just like other reality series — per episode and might even fund some of the Oak Island treasure hunt. On top of that, the show’s producers (which include Marty and Rick Lagina) probably work out deals with the equipment companies and other companies with areas of expertise. Doing so could shave down some of the cost in exchange for product placement (aka, the narrator repeatedly stating the names of the companies team Oak Island works with).

Investors
In addition to personal investment and network investment, it is likely that Rick and Marty Lagina (and the rest of the Oak Island treasure hunters) have some financial backing from investors outside of the show’s immediate circle. Those interested in Oak Island and its potential treasure could see the value in funding some of the excavation and, therefore, cut the team a check to push their efforts along.

One known investor in the Oak Island treasure hunt is the Nova Scotia Business Inc (NSBI), which has dropped almost $2 million in funding. The Nova Scotia Business Inc exists to help businesses in Nova Scotia (like the Oak Island operation) grow and has a fund specifically for film and television production in the Canadian province.

Government grants
Since Oak Island is historic, the Lagina brothers and their team might also earn money through government grants in Canada.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty much your average Joe guy, and I can't help wondering if some of their ratings have seen a fall. I caught to date with the latest episodes and, though I understand setbacks, especially from hurricanes, there's not a whole heck of a lot going on. And I'd guess a bit of time on air will be used in their clean-up efforts to get back to where they were at.

I would guess too that it's in their best interests to stretch things out a bit, especially if their receiving support and funding $$ from source advertising groups but it starting to drag a bit imo.

With that said, I still hope that they find something of significance for their sakes, Lord knows, they put in an incredible amount of $$, time, and efforts. All of them.

Regards, Will G.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, it does look like they've tapped into the original Money Pit (confidence is high), so that would be huge, the most major find of the series, not just the season.

Whether anything's down there is another question, but they have the technology to seal off the water traps and drill down further than any team in history. Maybe there isn't anything there, but at last we'd have an answer.

Maybe this is the calm before the storm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I watched the latest episode last night and honestly almost dozed off. Though the visit to the French fort was interesting, as I'll never get to see it in person, I like shows with History ch and megalithic structures, pyramids, stone work and engineering and construction of them is fascinating.

Regards, Will G.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Yeah I thought the last episode was a bit light as well. But I will keep watching. Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Gave up on this show a few years back. Wake me if/when they find something.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Next season Winter 2020-21 will probably be a mess. CV19 most likely has curtailed the work this year.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Finding Marty's Canadian coin was kind of exciting.

And supports the plan to do a Big Dig around the Money Pit. But it would take 3 years?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."