SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    For Those Interested...another new season of Curse of Oak Island on History Ch Kicks Off Tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Interested...another new season of Curse of Oak Island on History Ch Kicks Off Tonight Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
Yea, I know that it may not be the most popular show on the History Ch but, I'd like them to dig up that "alleged" ship in the swamp. I'd guess that if there is a ship and it had any kind of relics or treasure we'd know about it already through news leaks. I think that the main character that actually has fun is Gary Drayton. I recently see him with a couple of guys that man the shovels and he locates, thats got to be fun.

I do hope that outside how commercial the show has got, it eventually leads up to some kind of find worth it for them.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to it - I know there is a lot of dislike with the show and it's periodic drama/hype, but I still like it. I think nearly all of the regulars on the show are just normal guys and is a lot less fake than most stuff on TV now.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm in, again. Haven't missed an episode. They sure have sunk $$$$$ in this search.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Edited my own post, it was just too long and a lot of guessing. I'm sure those guys are way more qualified at educated guesses than I am.

Two hours on the season's return and I don't know anymore about the alleged ship than I did before. I hate it when they keep you hanging but, I guess thats part of their marketing strategy. Maybe next weeks show..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey... They found a button!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hey... They found a button!

Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post
Appreciate the "cliff notes" version on the opener. I enjoy watching, but can easily bypass the 2 hour opener since they only found Blackbeard's long lost button!

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My wife loves that show and we watch every episode. We drove by Oak Island 2 years ago and decided we didn’t have enough time to stop. My wife reminds me of that decision every time we watch it!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
My wife loves that show and we watch every episode. We drove by Oak Island 2 years ago and decided we didn’t have enough time to stop. My wife reminds me of that decision every time we watch it!

What a shame you didn't, taking some photos would have been epic.Do they let you tour the island and visit the different sights, or just the tourist center? Though I'd guess visiting the sights are a no-go unless they have organized tours. Just out of curiosity I wouldn't mind getting a look/see myself.

Regards, Will G.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm from Halifax and used to spend a lot of summers down on that part of the shore

its an 'interesting' place

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I enjoy it and don't mind the hype. The narrator seems to really suck on that show compared to all the others though.

I love all the finds and think they're very significant historically.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Have they found anything yet?

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Have they found anything yet?

Dozens of things.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think there is something there, or at least there was

given how far they are digging down, to find human remains 110 feet below grade is interesting

how did the wood get down there?

lots of questions, and few solid answers but its a giant puzzle where you have a bunch of pieces but you don't have a picture of the final result to use as a reference

In any event, its all good Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think there is something there, or at least there was

given how far they are digging down, to find human remains 110 feet below grade is interesting

how did the wood get down there?

lots of questions, and few solid answers but its a giant puzzle where you have a bunch of pieces but you don't have a picture of the final result to use as a reference

In any event, its all good Smile

nhtagmember, I wonder how many of those old bones were from folks who may have died from breathing the underground toxic fumes and weren't aware of the dangers like the Restalls!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I was dreaming that I found a ship???

Regards, Will G.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sure it wasn't a cave? Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After watching the new season, I have a suggestion:
Buy up all the private property.
Drain the swamp.
Then excavate the whole damn island to a depth of 300 feet.
Then if nothing is found, fill in the hole, landscape and make a nice mini-golf course on it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^They would actually love to do that, but that's a massive hornet's nest of permits.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Another year of getting jerked around, no thanks. Roll Eyes

If you haven't realized it yet...there is NO TREASURE THERE.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post