SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    For Those Interested...another new season of Curse of Oak Island on History Ch Kicks Off Tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Interested...another new season of Curse of Oak Island on History Ch Kicks Off Tonight Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Sounds like you've been on Sean Munger's site. Well, he does lay out some well thought-out anti-theories. I still say it's not just about treasure, it's the history that's the mystery.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"

Posts: 12949 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It has great entertainment value, regardless. History isn't fixed in stone, new discoveries are being made all the time altering what we thought we knew as we understood it. I enjoy that angle also. Now, a discovery like finding the lost ark of the covenant would really be a "bobby dazzler" as Gary would say!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 8597 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
New epi today. So they're within 14 feet of the Money Pit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"

Posts: 12949 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Oh hey guys, look over here, a wood structure that looks like it was underwater. How'd they do that?? Well, lets dig it up and find out! Big Grin

Digging lately has become an obsession. At some point in the past that was a very busy place. For better or worse they'll eventually extract the truth of what went on there.

I think it would be neat if they found definitive proof of a Templar connection to the island that they were definitely there from a Historical perspective. That one small lead cross isn't definitive proof imo.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 8597 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Maybe...just maybe, this will be the year." - Rick Lagina.

Looks like they drilled through to the searcher tunnel off Shaft 2, which is thought to be short of the Money Pit by just a couple feet.

Pretty convincing evidence that the Swamp was man-made. At exactly the time Templars were thought to be active in the area.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"

Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Unless they are planting the stuff there it's amazing to see what they are finding.
I'm not sure there's treasure but someone did an awful lot of digging and building.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3387 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Unless they are planting the stuff there it's amazing to see what they are finding.
I'm not sure there's treasure but someone did an awful lot of digging and building.

This is what keeps me watching. At some point in time someone did a lot work on that island before 1800

Posts: 604 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have found some really cool things but this season seems like it is the season of the wood.

Hey, we dug up some wood. Come see the wood we dug up. I dug this hole and what was in it???? WOOD!!!

If I didn't know any better I'd swear this was Season 5.

They've found enough wood to build a Spanish Galleon.

I keep watching though and I'll continue to watch it. I really do enjoy it for some reason.

Posts: 2384 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post