SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie review - Wonder Woman.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie review - Wonder Woman. Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
I thought it was very good.

Despite the reviews, which i usually disagree with, I thought this one was well done.

Now, I was never a "comic book" fan as a kid. Probably the one and only kid that didn't every buy a single comic book, so take that for what it's worth.

This movie though, was well done IMO.

I expected a bunch of fem-i-nazi SJW bullshit, and that really wasn't there.

It kept he politics to a bare minimum.

Now, obviously, it is a superhero movie, so you have so suspend belief, but other than that, very good.

Lots of good actors, and of course, Gal Gadot is insanely beautiful and does an excellent job.

I give it an 8/10 at least, and suggest if you are in any way a fan of superhero type movies, you check it out.

The ONLY critique of mine, and it is personal, is that I would have preferred this film take place in the universe of Christian Bale's and Christopher Nolan's "Batman" series... but that movie told here would have to be much, much darker, and it would take a lot to pull that off.

Either way, for the 2 dollars I spent on it at Redbox, it is more that worth the watch. Enjoy it.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the only downside to the movie is while Gal Gadot and Chris Pine are excellent with excellent writing and performances, the villains looked like they were casted and written by Zack Snyder-land of crap. I think W.W.2 (get it??) will fix that since Zack Snyder is on the way out and the director Patty Jenkins will have a lot more authority over the 2nd film.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post