SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I just finished re-watching Band of Brothers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just finished re-watching Band of Brothers Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I think this is the third time.

I also think it won't be the last time.

I think it might be a good idea to make it required watching for highschool students.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That and the first 30 minutes or so of the beach invasion in Saving Private Ryan. Doubt it would make any difference, but maybe...just maybe...these puke kids would understand what it took for them to have their cell phones and wear their pants half-way down the crack of their ass.

BoB...one of my ALL TIME favorites!!! I can't watch those wonderful men in those interviews without crying...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
When our son was in high school, the two of us watched the entire series together over a Memorial weekend. I’d be curious to know if it meant anywhere near as much to my son as it did to me, watching it with him. Yeah, I’m about due to see it all again.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I just did the same a few weeks ago. Incredibly moving.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I watch it a couple times a year...The Pacific too.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I've watched it every December for the last...God....15 years? When did it come out on video? My wife gave it to me for Christmas in 2001 or 2002...must have been 2002 because I was teaching school, so I had Christmas break off, and I watched the whole series in like 2 days

Ever since then, I watch it every December...that, and from the earth to the moon..another present

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Two great series. I agree, ought to be required of high schoolers.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the German officers speech at the end of BoB to his troops at the surrender while the GIs listened was an excellent example of how war, won or lost, bonds men together.
I recently watched Hacksaw Ridge and thought it was excellent, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Great stories that show two very different wars we fought.
Both show people enduring incredibly bad conditions and experiences, then coming home to continue their lives. Snowflakes, take note.
To me, Hanks and Spielberg's best work.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I've watched it every December for the last...God....15 years? When did it come out on video? My wife gave it to me for Christmas in 2001 or 2002...must have been 2002 because I was teaching school, so I had Christmas break off, and I watched the whole series in like 2 days

Ever since then, I watch it every December...that, and from the earth to the moon..another present

The first episode aired 2 days before 9-11, so I think it was released on DVD in 2002.

Posts: 1698 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post