SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Avengers Infinity War I Trailer Out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Infinity War I Trailer Out Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted
Looks awesome! Stick around to the end for the stinger (yes, Marvel has stingers even for their trailers Wink ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65hW9YYY5A

Looks like a lot of cool stuff. Capt America has a beard now, for whatever reason. Maybe he's pulling a "CMDR Riker" and Growing The Beard?

Black Widow is in it for some reason, as is Wong (sidekick from Doctor Strange). Spiderman has what appears to be an Iron Spider costume on, and it shows Vision as human, somehow. Iron Man's Hulk Buster is back, and CGI Thanos looks really cheesy (hope they clean him up for the real movie).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Black Widow is in it for some reason

Why wouldn't she? She's a primary character in the Avengers franchise.

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Capt America has a beard now, for whatever reason. Maybe he's pulling a "CMDR Riker" and Growing The Beard?

More like he's a fugitive that has been trying to disguise his identity. Probably also why Black Widow is blonde now.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

I was trying to say "Black Widow is blond now, for some reason."

As for the 'disguising his trademark baby-face clean-shaven look thing' - that makes perfect sense. I almost didn't recognize him as Chris Evans - I thought they did the Rhodie thing and replaced him with a different actor. . .

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Can't wait! It's gonna be good!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
"....and get this man a shield."

Coming out May of 2018.......or as my inner child would say: "That is a lot of days that aren't tomorrow." Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sweet.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Looks fun.

1:03 is the big scene they filmed for a month outside my office window this summer.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Trailer answers the question of whether or not Loki took the tesseract (of course we all knew he took it)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:...CGI Thanos looks really cheesy (hope they clean him up for the real movie).

He had a ...Pepto Bismol complexion about him.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone else that can't stand the Black Widow character? The whole flip around from someone's shoulders like some damn lucha libre wrestler style just doesn't appeal to me.

From the looks of the trailer and the ending of Civil War, Captain America has been hiding out in Waucanda?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Hugh Jackman said he would be open to playing Wolverine again for an Avengers crossover film. If you follow the comics he and Captain America go way back to WWII. That would be awesome

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Is there anyone else that can't stand the Black Widow character? The whole flip around from someone's shoulders like some damn lucha libre wrestler style just doesn't appeal to me.

From the looks of the trailer and the ending of Civil War, Captain America has been hiding out in Waucanda?

I can barely imagine an unappealing thing about ScarJo, especially with moves like that.

Honestly, she's the only interesting thing about the character anyway.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It requires breaking the laws of physics for a 100lb girl to beat up all those 200lb dudes.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
quote:

It requires breaking the laws of physics for a 100lb girl to beat up all those 200lb dudes.

Aliens invade to steal mystic gems and this is what we are nit-picking about. HAHA! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I'm with ya. It's a smoking hot babe in black leather doing acrobatics and kicking ass. Just watch and enjoy already.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Hugh Jackman said he would be open to playing Wolverine again for an Avengers crossover film. If you follow the comics he and Captain America go way back to WWII. That would be awesome

That would be awesome for sure. I never cared for the xmen movies but the standalone Wolverine movies I did enjoy.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see Wolverine make an appearance, but there'd be quite a bit of legal wrangling necessary to make that happen.

The X-Men film rights are held by a different company (Fox) than the main Avengers/Marvel Cinematic Universe (Disney/ABC). (Fox also owns the rights to the Fantastic Four.)

These conflicting film rights is why Avengers has different Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch characters, separate from the characters in the X-Men films, and with no mention of them being mutants or related to Magneto. (In fact, they can't use the term "mutant" at all in Disney Marvel stuff.)

Fox was recently considering selling these Marvel rights to Disney, but it sounds like that discussion has stalled.

But it's not totally impossible for a deal to be struck, as evidenced by Disney playing nice with Sony over Sony's rights to Spider-Man. Both studios have done well with that deal.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
quote:

Aliens invade to steal mystic gems and this is what we are nit-picking about. HAHA! Big Grin

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoy it thoroughly! I think it's just becoming a cliche or a trope.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is a man's God-given right to nit-pick the heck out of whatever he wants. I, also, find a non-augmented female kicking the crap out of hordes of big, bulking dudes a bit of a stretch.

Also, I just noticed upon re-watching, that Buckie (Winter Soldier) rides the slide forward on his rifle at the 1:52 point.

THAT is going to bother me all week. . .

And, at the 1:58 point, it looks like War Machine flying into the scene. This could be Stark, but the suit is shades of gray, not Iron Man's typical red/yellow pattern. I hope it's Stark, as I really despise Rhodie's character ever since they replaced him from Iron Man 2 forward. The original guy was MUCH better.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Looks better than that Ultron POS.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post