SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jim Belushi and Tom Arnold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Belushi and Tom Arnold Login/Join 
posted
What in the world would some director have to be paid to make a movie with either one of these two numb nuts ?

Why ? why would one bother with casting them ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Because Chris Farley is dead and Randy Quaid is batshit crazy?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
When was the last time either one of them actually made a movie? For Tom Arnold, the most recent I can think of is Soul Plane.

(Haha, Soul Plane...so ridiculous)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Jim has actually been quite active. He's been more on TV than in films, but he also does a lot of voice work. He's in the upcoming Twin Peaks TV series and the new Wonder Woman. His IMDB entry shows he's been a pretty busy guy.

It's an older movie, but his Mister Destiny with Michael Caine and Linda Hamilton is one of my favorites.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Belushi and Arnold are marginally talented actors at best, and had it not been for the fame (and death) of his brother, you wouldn't have ever heard of Jim Belushi.

It's like Stallone's relatives- No Sylvester Stallone, Hollywood would have no Stallones at all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Belushi and Arnold are marginally talented actors at best, and had it not been for the fame (and death) of his brother, you wouldn't have ever heard of Jim Belushi.

It's like Stallone's relatives- No Sylvester Stallone, Hollywood would have no Stallones at all.

And if Tom Arnold hadn't been married to Roseanne Barr you would likely have never heard of him either.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom A might not be a great actor but i respect the fact he came out as the victim of molestation and then went o ion to confront the person that did it.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Agreed! John B. was a bright light. He burned out very quickly. I do like John Goodman, however. I know this is major thread-drift, but that guy is a fantastic supporting actor.

Drifting further--I recently read that Chevy Chase was the drummer in a high-school band with Donald Fagan and Walter Becker of Steely Dan. Wow!

OK sorry for the major thread drift. The orig thread just had me thinking about those things.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked Tom Arnold in True Lies, but that was about it.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:

I honestly had no idea there WERE any Stallones in Hollywood except for Sly. Imma go Google that now....

Okay, I'm back.

Ho. lee. crap. Who names their kid Moonblood???

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max628:
I liked Tom Arnold in True Lies, but that was about it.

+1

I also like Jim Belushi in RED HEAT, and that's about it.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
These are two character/non-leading actors.
My bendable is a bit weak ~ so what is the problem here?

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they are making flagrantly inappropriate amounts of money for the ability that they show on the screen.

maybe I should blame the agents that they are paying, they are the ones that are getting them the jobs.

even if they were Great at interviews on the tv shows , I could put up with their acting abilities.

but Hadley they suck at that as well

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I thought Tom Arnold stole the show in True Lies.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
they are making flagrantly inappropriate amounts of money for the ability that they show on the screen.

maybe I should blame the agents that they are paying, they are the ones that are getting them the jobs.

even if they were Great at interviews on the tv shows , I could put up with their acting abilities.

So how much money do they make?
If it is coming out of your checking account then don't hire them next time. Confused

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
Tom A might not be a great actor but i respect the fact he came out as the victim of molestation and then went o ion to confront the person that did it.

Tom and Roseanne both had recovered memories of molestation, when it became fashionable.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I thought Tom Arnold stole the show in True Lies.

agreed

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Jim Belushi at the high point of his acting career. Well, maybe not.

Link

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post