SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stargate, specifically stargate universe
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stargate, specifically stargate universe Login/Join 
posted
I totally got sucked in to this not realizing that it got cut off after the 2nd season and now I'm let off with a cliff hanger.. I'm surprised a stargate series would only last 2 seasons. Oh well at least we have a new movie in the works

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
What's worse is they ended stargate Atlantis before its time to commit fully to Universe and then dumped that just when the show was hitting its stride. TV execs have got to be the dumbest SOBs out there. Mad

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kills me is the total lack of good sci-fi shows.. it's all about trashy shit reality tv. I'm only in my early 30's and I miss tv from the 90's/early 2000's

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I hated Universe. SG-1 was good up until the introduction of the Ori. Atlantis was good most of the way through, but the advanced Replicator civilization was annoying.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with sg 1 being good up until the ori, Hell I thought it started slipping as soon as Oneil stepped back. There are just never any good shows like this any more and its a shame

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I hated Universe. SG-1 was good up until the introduction of the Ori. Atlantis was good most of the way through, but the advanced Replicator civilization was annoying.

I never got into SG1. I LOVED Atlantis. Then, they prematurely killed Atlantis for the crappy horid "BattlestargateVoyager." They tried the 'gritty' approach that BSG had plus the 'stranded in another part of space' bit like Voyager.

I watched through most of the first season, wanting to like the show. I could not like it. Bad premise (especially since they could not control the spaceship, but were just along for the ride). Unbelievable tech (such as the magic stones that let people swap consciousnesses several galaxies apart), and a million year old spaceship that was more advanced than any later designs. Unlikeable characters (I really didn't like ANY of them).

What a mess.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just can't stand Ming-Na Wen, so try as I might I couldn't get around the fact that her character was a bitch. Throw in Robert Carlyle's Dr. Rush with his scheming and it's game over.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
What kills me is the total lack of good sci-fi shows.. it's all about trashy shit reality tv. I'm only in my early 30's and I miss tv from the 90's/early 2000's

Have you watched Dark Matter? It's pretty good and into its 2nd season now. I'm really enjoying it.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need to go to the Mideast and start digging...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Nah, Antarctica.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I need a trench dug in my backyard. If anyone is interested, I hear there is alien tech buried there. Or pirate treasure. Take your pick.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
quote:

Have you watched Dark Matter? It's pretty good and into its 2nd season now. I'm really enjoying it.

Or The Expanse.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
quote:
quote:

Or The Expanse.

Killjoys is fun, but a little silly.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
To be fair, the death of Stargate wasn't because of Syfy or stupid TV execs. Stargate Universe and the Atlantis DVD Finale were killed because MGM went bankrupt. The process took so long that all the sets had to be scrapped would cost major cash to rebuild.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I did Atlantis. Now I'm doing SG1. Season 7. I wish I didn't do them out of order.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

actually, it's nearing the end of the third season, episode aired this week.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I watched Stargate when it was on, really liked it.

Wife and I are watching Killjoys and Dark Matter. Killjoys is o.k., but Dark Matter - specially year 1, is excellent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I liked SG-1 a lot, until O'Neill left. The new guy eventually grew on me (Mitchell, not the new General) but the whole Ori story line didn't work for me. That said, I did like the finale (Continuum), but I've always been a sucker for altered-history stories. Atlantis was OK but started to run out of good stories pretty fast. Universe, I never was able to get into.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I liked SG-1 a lot, until O'Neill left. The new guy eventually grew on me (Mitchell, not the new General) but the whole Ori story line didn't work for me. That said, I did like the finale (Continuum), but I've always been a sucker for altered-history stories. Atlantis was OK but started to run out of good stories pretty fast. Universe, I never was able to get into.

More or less this for me, but it perhaps holds a place dearer in my heart. My wife and I watched through the whole series together when we started dating because each of us was the first the other had met who liked Stargate. When we moved to Seattle in 2010, the Sci-Fi Museum hosted the "Twice in a Lifetime" prop and costume auction. We got to see all the setpieces from the show up close, all the prop weapons, costumes, prostethic makeup pieces, you name it. Getting our picture together in front of The Stargate was really awesome.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about the new stargate movie that's coming out either this year or next. It's going to be a remake and if it's good I hope it leads to another series