SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watched a Trans-Siberian Orchestra show?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watched a Trans-Siberian Orchestra show? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
How is the show? It tours around the holidays. All I know is they play more of a rock style and have laser lights.

Input from those who have gone would be appreciated, particularly if it is worthwhile to go.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
worth it,

went maybe 6yrs ago,

excellent show, decent music (if you like that style )

good times, and yes, a light show

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I went to one several years ago. It was good enough that I'd go again, I just haven't got around to it yet. Serious light show.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If you like their music, it is probably a blast.

But I don't like their music (it is too over the top for me), so I have no interest.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen them twice and would absolutely go again.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We went last year.

It's a long show.

It was fun, but not something I'd pay to see again, but would go for free.

Didn't know it followed a story for the first half of the show. The James Earl Jones double doing the narration was tough to understand, and it was warm at our seats (upper deck, rear; Toyota Center in Houston)

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I like them. I have been to see them several times and am going to see them in November.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The family went several years ago. I wasn't impressed and would not pay to see their show again. YMMV

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I saw them about five years ago. We left about half way through when, to us, it all sounded the same after a while.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several Christmas seasons ago I went; as P250AU5 mentioned the first half was a story directly from an album such as The Christmas Attic. Very entertaining, but after awhile the volume became too much for me, too long. Got my money's worth though IMO.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I took the GF a few years back to see the show at the Allstate Arena near Chicago. I thought it was excellent. We had great seats and the pyrotechnics were incredible, we felt the heat several times thru the show. The musicians are very talented, but it has an 80's hair band feel given their costumes. Tickets were expensive, not sure what they are now. I think it'd be worth seeing once

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yes! In Philadelphia maybe 6-7 years ago. It was pretty epic.

Go if you can, it's a good time.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I will add, that I had wanted to go the show for years. Wife surprised me with tickets for my (early) birthday.

I do think it's worth paying to see, just don't think I'd do it again with my money.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post