SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "You know spies, a bunch of bitchy little girls"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"You know spies, a bunch of bitchy little girls" Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
I had quit watching Burn Notice after the 6th season. I just finished the show on Prime.

I really liked how it ended.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, they all said their catch phrases from the opening credits, at some point in time in the finale. I really liked that show.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Such a fun show.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I liked Burn Notice. I like the characters. But, it became the same pattern each and every week. Michael tries to clear his name/find out who burned him/get one more piece of evidence. Sam takes on a job but can't complete the job without Michael's help. An elaborate scheme takes place, lots of gun play, but no one is actually shot. Show ends with Michael looking at the latest documents.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My favorite was Fiona lounging in bed with a skimpy lingere reading Guns and Ammo.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
My favorite was Fiona lounging in bed with a skimpy lingere reading Guns and Ammo.

That was always nice, but I don't like how they got rid of her accent after the first couple episodes. But I was a fan of the show regardless, and I'll admit my yogurt consumption went up quite a bit during its run.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My wife and I ran through it back when it was on Netflix - could still be on there, I suppose. I'd seen most of them, but it was a great show that held my interest, was good entertainment despite some repetitive feel to it, and to top it all off it - ended well.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I liked the day to day jobs over the backstory of getting burned, finding out who was responsible, and trying to get back in. So the end was getting a little tiresome with that coming more to the forefront. Except for the Israeli actress - I was fond of her.

I also preferred the story lines where they helped normal folk. Some of the stories (ie - where he played some black suited / red shirted bad guy) were too over the top.

But generally liked the show - it was entertaining with likable characters.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

That was always nice, but I don't like how they got rid of her accent after the first couple episodes. But I was a fan of the show regardless, and I'll admit my yogurt consumption went up quite a bit during its run.

There were two monents that I laughed out. The show actually addressed real life. The 2nd episode after the pilot when her accent disappeared and she made up an excuse for it. Every viewer knew it was just easier for Gabrielle to not carry it. And Michael's haircut. It was obvious that Jeffrey Donovan was filming something else and grew his hair out. Sam brought it up the first episode he cut his hair.

The thing that turned me off the most were the in show ads for Fiona's Hyundai.

Oh and FWIW, the nerdy character Spencer. You remember, the guy that was an autistic hacker... His name is Michael Weston. Lol

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You ever notice how you never see Jeffrey Donovan and Sterling Archer at the same place and time?

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Fiona got way too skinny and too much botox in her upper lip by the end.

But it was a fun show to watch.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I was a fan of the show regardless, and I'll admit my yogurt consumption went up quite a bit during its run.

Wyoming boys like me don’t understand.

I don’t believe we lasted 6 seasons. It was fun for awhile though.

Weston is good in the Sicario movies. Ex-SF type in horn-rimmed glasses. Good character

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think my favorite episode was when he helped the boy who was being bullied. But yeah, when the regular stories of helping people went away and the 'who burned me has to die' stories took over it got old, and that why we dropped it originally.

I always thought things like "his burn notice" were actually just Mcguffins and not really supposed to take over the plot. Like the original series of X-Files, it was always just out there, but it was the bizarre stories that made it so fun.

Anyway, that wrapped it up nicely.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Liked the Sam Axe character - just Bruce Campbell being Bruce Campbell Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Why, thank you, Blackmore Smile

The final season explains the psychology behind why Michael went to such pains to not have anyone killed.

BTW: Free on Amazon Prime at the moment.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post